VOTE - Corvair of the Month SEPTEMBER 2017

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Poll ended at Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 am

Yelocar
56%
Corvair88
44%

Total votes: 16

Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Yelocar
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: ENTER - Corvair of the Month SEPTEMBER 2017

Post by Yelocar »

Here is my submission for Corvair of the Month. It is a 1964 110 hp Monza Convertible. It has been in my family since 1964!! It was purchased by my grandfather in '64 for my mom to drive to school. (The last picture is my mom with the Corvair at that time.) It has been repainted once, but the original factory Goldwood Yellow color. It has the original convertible top and boot. It has the original black interior, including carpet and the original wood grain steering wheel, cue ball shifter and the original working AM radio. The trunk and engine compartment have been repainted. It also has the original factory option Kelsey Hayes wire wheels with knock-of hubcaps.

Thanks for your consideration
IMG_2644.JPG
IMG_2645.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
7d2fb3b5f50d16a81d101717c5adb446.jpeg
Rod
1964 110 Monza Convertible
1966 140 Corsa
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:coolphotos: :whoa: I have long held an imagined dream Early Model Corvair Monza in my mind... I think I have seen it now in reality with your photographs! You've got my vote when the time comes! Thank you for sharing your fantastic family Corvair!

:clap: :tu: :not worthy: ::-):
1964 Corvair Monza Convertible (Yellow) with Kelsey Hayes Wire Wheels (1).jpg
1964 Corvair Monza Convertible (Yellow) with Kelsey Hayes Wire Wheels (2).jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
skipvair

Post by skipvair »

What a beautiful car. I am just glad you had to clean those immaculate spokes and not me!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Frank Metasavage

65 Corsa 140 4 speed with Weber IDAs
66 Corsa 140 4 speed Stock
Corvair88

Post by Corvair88 »

My Entry for September is my first ever car.

I bought this 1960 model 500 when back in 2006 when I was 17. I financed most of the cost by selling a 1962 Vespa I had bought and restored when I was 14. The car had 48.000 original miles since new and was almost rust free and in original condition. the guy I bought the car from had owned the car since 1986. He had bought the car from the original owner who bought the car new in Phoenix Arizona the 29 of September 1960. She brought the car to Norway in 1961.

I have since maintained the car, repaired any rust or worn parts and replaced the interior.
Vespa.jpg
Vespa.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
16 year old me on the Vespa that I later sold to buy the Corvair

I got married this weekend and you can guess what car was the wedding car!! :tu:
Before the big day..jpg
Simple decoration for the wedding.
Interior.jpg
I'm happy very happy with the new interior. I did a mild custom colure match and upgraded to 700 cloth.
Dash.jpg
I love the simple 1960 Dash.
Engine comparment.jpg
Tidy, original and trustworthy.
Dealership .jpg
The paint is mostly original and the dealer sticker is still attached.
Corvair 2.JPG
Man and wife
Corvair cufflinks.JPG
And I was of course wearing my 1960 Corvair cufflinks for luck;)
Corvair1.JPG
Off we go.
Corvair leaving.JPG
Waiting for the slowest gate in England :wave:
Corvair88

Re: VOTE - Corvair of the Month SEPTEMBER 2017

Post by Corvair88 »

:think: Red VS Yellow.

Got to say that is one sweet Monza convertible!
mikevair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by mikevair »

Here's my 1963 Convertible for the Corvair of the Month....

British Racing Green with Saddle Top and Interior
1964 Suspension
1965 140 4-Speed with late model shifter
Spyder Dash
Attachments
HPIM1092.JPG
HPIM1246.JPG
HPIM1247.JPG
HPIM1248.JPG
HPIM1249.JPG
HPIM1515.JPG
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :woo:
That is a nice looking convertible, but it is too late to submit it for this month's competition. Recommend you post it again with the October entries.
Brad Bodie
mikevair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by mikevair »

Thanks. Will do for next month!!!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Entries for October are already being accepted. Just click on the link below and post your entry. Good luck!

:link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13413
Forum rules

Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.
Brad Bodie
Corvair88

Post by Corvair88 »

New car.jpg
Here is the owner service policy from when the car was new and a very rare Norwegian sales brochure. :tu:
gregpenn

Post by gregpenn »

Yelocar, you would have my vote if I only knew how. The preservation of this car is astounding.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Corvair Forum mobile app

Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Once you have posted enough messages on the forum, which it appears you have, but not really sure of the post count, the section to vote should be right at the top of the first page of any topic that includes a voting ability.

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”