140 hp carb linkage

All Models and Years
my65

140 hp carb linkage

Post by my65 »

The PO put adjustable linkage on all four carbs. I wanted, located and purchased a set of original style linkage. It came in today but was not labeled! I believe the adjustable one D is for the left primary but not sure of the others . Can / will someone help and tell me which one goes where??
Attachments
IMG_2078.JPG
Ed ( my65 )
65 Monza Convertible
110 HP 4 Speed
63 Monza Coupe
140 HP 4 Speed
66 Corsa Coupe
140hp 4 speed
Porter, Texas
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 140 hp carb linkage

Post by bbodie52 »

There are several illustrations in the first attached manual section, 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - CARBURETOR & FUEL SYSTEM, that illustrate details of the throttle linkage. The second attachment, DELCO ROCHESTER - Models H, HV Carburetor Service Manual, also contains some linkage illustrations and details on linkage adjustment. Hopefully both manuals will be useful in helping you to sort out the carburetor throttle linkage.

The complete technical manuals and many other useful service guides and manuals can be downloaded at no cost in Adobe Reader (.PDF) format using the link below…

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:chevy:
Attachments
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - CARBURETOR & FUEL SYSTEM.pdf
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - CARBURETOR & FUEL SYSTEM
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
DELCO ROCHESTER - Models H, HV Carburetor Service Manual.pdf
DELCO ROCHESTER - Models H, HV Carburetor Service Manual
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
my65

Post by my65 »

Thanks Brad, I used the link and the best view was on page 14 of 17. It was generic in nature and I still could use a little clarification.
Item B in my picture is item 13 in view part number 3867211 left secondary.
Item D in my picture is item 12 in view part number 3867205. It should show an adjustable swivel, but does not. The one Wolfe send me is short and 1/2" from aligning with hole. See new picture :banghead:
Item C in my picture is item 11 in view part number 3867206 BUT they list it as 3873992 rod in the key ( I believe in error) they reversed items 10 and 11 ?? Right primary
Item A in my picture is item 9 in the view part number 3867212 right secondary. The one I got from Wolfe was slightly off and would not go into the linkage. I tried to bend it alittle and BROKE IT. :angry:
Now just need rods / linkage for left primary and right secondary....2 down.....2 to go :dontknow:
Attachments
IMG_2079.JPG
Ed ( my65 )
65 Monza Convertible
110 HP 4 Speed
63 Monza Coupe
140 HP 4 Speed
66 Corsa Coupe
140hp 4 speed
Porter, Texas
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

The rod with the swivel goes on the left primary, with the swivel at the bottom. It is used for synchronizing the two primary carburetors so they open the same amount at a part throttle setting. A Uni-syn gauge is useful for measuring airflow through each primary while the throttle is held open at approximately 1200 rpm. I use a small turnbuckle for that purpose to hold the throttle at a constant while adjusting the left primary to match the fixed-setting on the right primary.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”