Weber carb fuel line routing

Anything Corvair related
skipvair

Weber carb fuel line routing

Post by skipvair »

Anybody have a photo of their routing on fuel lines when using 2 weber 3 barrels? Mine works fine but is routed from old fuel pump and crosses over fanbelt making a belt change a nightmare. I a looking to re-route to the front of the engine incorporatind a pressure regulator and gauge there, but linkage will make it tight. I would like some pics of how other people have done it.
Frank Metasavage

65 Corsa 140 4 speed with Weber IDAs
66 Corsa 140 4 speed Stock
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Weber carb fuel line routing

Post by bbodie52 »

Corvair1 wrote:Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:53 pm

This is the filter setup I have. It has interchangeable elements and it looks a little nicer than the plastic inline ones which look a little cheesy...
Fuel Block and Filter arrangement.jpg

The fuel routing set up pictured above with a layout designed by the late Herb Simons of Ontario Canada (who passed away on December 7, 2013). Herb always seem to take innovative approaches with his Corvair and was not afraid to experiment. By mounting a fuel distribution block on the firewall at the front of the engine compartment, fuel lines can be easily routed to carburetors or fuel injection systems on either side of the engine without crossing over the fan belt path. Accessories such as in-line fuel filters with interchangeable elements, a fuel pressure regulator, and even a mechanical fuel pressure gauge can all be mounted on a multiple outlet fuel distribution block. Fuel lines leading from the fuel block to the carburetors or fuel injection bodies can be steel tubing, rubber fuel lines, or exotic braided aircraft style fuel lines connected with AN fittings. The fuel block can be connected to a forward-mounted electric fuel pump, or can be routed around the perimeter of the engine compartment for connection to the mechanical fuel pump.

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The late-model Corvair pictured below utilizes the suggested firewall mount for distribution to Weber three barrel carburetors using braided aircraft-style fuel lines…
1965 Convertible with Weber 3-Barrel Carburetors (3).jpg
1965 Convertible with Weber 3-Barrel Carburetors (4).jpg
1965 Convertible with Weber 3-Barrel Carburetors (15).jpg
1965 Convertible with Weber 3-Barrel Carburetors (13).jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
skipvair

Post by skipvair »

Thanks for the suggestions and pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Frank Metasavage

skipvair

Post by skipvair »

Frank Metasavage

skipvair

Post by skipvair »

That is my present set up. Works well, but changing a fanbelt would involve removing fuel lines.

Frank Metasavage

lostboy

Post by lostboy »

I've been using a braided stainless steel swagelok line as the master feed to the stock splitter. Has been working very well. I like that swagelok does not use those blue an fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)

Return to “Corvair Talk”