Like to introduce myself

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
19monza66

Like to introduce myself

Post by 19monza66 »

My name is Claude and I have been a corvair enthusiast for years. I bought my first corvair a 1963 coupe when I was 16 but it was just to far gone .Fifteen years and many many many cars later I bought a 1 owner 1966 monza with 12k original miles the car puts a huge smile on my face. I normally am sceptical of such low mileage claims but I bought it from the original owner with all paper work since day 1 and the paint under the car is just as perfect as the barley scratched almost perfect paint on the rest of the body. I genuinely love the car and just want to connect with some car guys like myself.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Like to introduce myself

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. (I believe you can find excellent CORSA club chapters in both Phoenix and Tucson). While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... 225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for the Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

Please post some pictures of your single owner, low mileage 1966 Monza! I would love to see it in detail!

:welcome: Image
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
19monza66

Post by 19monza66 »

I apologize for not doing more in detail I am an industrial maintenance technician I grew up on a junk yard and have been working on cars all my life I have worked on everything from tractors to corvettes and powerstrokes I want to keep the Corvair stock with the exception of a set of 16 inch torque thrust 2 wheels and a set of shortened hd front springs or possibly s10 drop spindles I would like to autocross the car on occasion but don't know if I will find time for that as of now I just want to take care of some oil leaks and enjoy the car I don't know how to post pictures of my car but when I figure it out I will gladly
toytron

Post by toytron »

Welcome Claude, I had worked at my dad's friends junkyard in my teens and now I am an industrial electrician with a couple of 65 corvairs go figure! Lol.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
19monza66

Post by 19monza66 »

That's great to hear Ed I do both electrical and mechanical in a potato chip factory in southern indiana I love my work I get to fabricate work on equipment lern and eat free chips you just can't beat it I live in corydon indiana my corvair was a yard sale find my dad found for me and my wife bought for me its a really great car if I learn to post pics I will have to get a bunch on here for you guys to all enjoy
toytron

Post by toytron »

That sounds like the good life! I had worked at a couple of industrial food companies. The last one being Oscar Mayer. My wife liked the fact that they had a market that I could buy things cheap. My favorite was the 30lb package of bacon. [emoji200]

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza

Return to “Introductions”