Site Admin

OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Post by Scott H »

:BradBodie: https://www.opgi.com/CatalogRequest.asp ... =PRODCAT11 :link:
corvair-2017.jpg
corvair-2017.jpg (43.96 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
caraholic4life

Re: OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Post by caraholic4life »

That is cool that a vendor like OPG is finally paying attention to our vehicles. :tu:

What would be even cooler is if OPG were to contact Corvair vendors that have already reproduced parts and include them in their catalog.

It would be really nice if a full line of quality replacement sheet metal were to become available within the next five to ten years. :my02:
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
joe moore

Post by joe moore »

Just got MY name IN the guy their said their has been a lot of corvair people getting signed UP thy are really floored BY the amount OF attention this catalog IS getting.

Sent from my IdeaTabS2109A-F using Corvair Forum mobile app

1962 rampside #3957
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

They do not have either of the larger forums listed as referral sources...they should fix that:) (no way I saw to write in an answer so you have to select an incorrect answer), which is a bit stupid)
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

I'm kind of mixed on this. True a number of items like door handles and dash knobs used on the Corvair are the same as other Chevrolet products so OPG already has them to sell, but if OPG takes sales from Corvair specific vendors, then those Corvair vendors loose revenue to invest in making parts that are specific to the Corvair.

If OPG devotes the resources to make new replacement parts that would be great, time will tell.
dave t

Post by dave t »

I work for OPGI. I am doing all the research for the catalog. As of today, I have over 4000 parts identified. We have another list of parts we plan to reproduce. Parts that are not avalible as reproductions. My/our goal is to have a very complete catalog. Engine, suspension, interior & exterior along with some high performance. The catalog coming out in October will never be finished. We will continue to add parts as time goes on.
Go to OPGI.COM and register. You will automatically be on the mailing list when the catalog comes out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Corvair Forum mobile app

66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

dave t wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 5:06 pm I work for OPGI. I am doing all the research for the catalog. As of today, I have over 4000 parts identified. We have another list of parts we plan to reproduce. Parts that are not avalible as reproductions. My/our goal is to have a very complete catalog. Engine, suspension, interior & exterior along with some high performance. The catalog coming out in October will never be finished. We will continue to add parts as time goes on.
Go to OPGI.COM and register. You will automatically be on the mailing list when the catalog comes out.

Thanks for the reply. Please note that a number of Corvair "suspension kits" are on the market and most use "close but not correct" parts resulting in complaints on the forums. Some of the correct suspension parts are only sold by Clark's Corvair. I hope some manufacturer doesn't sell you inferior fitting parts claiming they "fit" the Corvair.

Looking forward to seeing your catalog - will the Corvair parts be listed online?
dave t

Post by dave t »

I daily drive a 64 greenbrier. I would not want the wrong parts either. [emoji16] I have been very careful to get "real"corvair parts. My personal reputation along with OPGI's is on the line.

dave t

Post by dave t »

Chevell, Pontiac & olds crossover parts are being programmed for on line now. Corvair specific parts will be several months later. All catalog parts will also eventually be on line. Everything will be available in november

lostboy

Post by lostboy »

I understand and share the worry that if we buy elsewhere places like Clark's won't exist, but I also understand that it never hurts to have another source of parts. Should be interesting to see this unfold.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
dave t

Post by dave t »

I/We are hoping that the catalog will spark more interest from other car guys for the little car that we all love. We are not out to take over the existing corvair vendors. We want to boost the corvair's popularity which will help everyone.

toytron

Post by toytron »

Just signed up for a catalog. I agree that we need to keep loyal to our long time vendors and those providing specialty parts, so while there may be overlap there may also be more available parts that are original and helpful like someone mentioned body panels etc.

I would also like to encourage those who haven't, to go ahead and browse the current vendor sites and for Clark's to get their catalogs because though they might not be the most user friendly even online they are very personable and willing to help.
:my02:
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
joefarmer

Post by joefarmer »

Scott - thanks for the heads up on this! Anxious to see what is offered and how it will pan out with existing vendors. Always good to have more interest out there, and hopefully this catalog will help with that.

Just so I'm on the same level as everyone else... I am aware of the following vendors. Am I missing any from the list below?

Clarks (of course)
California Corvairs
Mike's Corvair Parts
The Corvair Ranch
And now OPG...
toytron

Re: RE: Re: OPG has a Corvair catalog coming soon

Post by toytron »

joefarmer wrote:Scott - thanks for the heads up on this! Anxious to see what is offered and how it will pan out with existing vendors. Always good to have more interest out there, and hopefully this catalog will help with that.

Just so I'm on the same level as everyone else... I am aware of the following vendors. Am I missing any from the list below?

Clarks (of course)
California Corvairs
Mike's Corvair Parts
The Corvair Ranch
And now OPG...
Corvair underground

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Dave at OPG - Would you folks consider making the door beltline window felts with a stainless bead (like all the other Chevys used) instead of the stock (and cheap looking) black painted metal felt units. At one time somebody made them in stainless steel for the Corvair, but no longer.
dave t

Post by dave t »

We found the error on our website that does not allow selecting FC as your car type and fixed it. Thanks for letting us know. Dave from OPGI

Return to “Corvair Talk”