1965 Monza Coupe Thread

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Tim_D

1965 Monza Coupe Thread

Post by Tim_D »

I thought I'd keep a running diary of my project, and what better place than somewhere that another person may come across a similar issue!

My car is a '65 Monza Coupe that I purchased in November 2016. It's a 110/PG combo that is very original, and I plan to keep it that way (minus a few bolt-on appearance items, and maybe a safety item or two).

As purchased, the car requires some body work in the usual places (lower front fenders, lower quarters behind the wheels), as well as a few not-so-common areas (such as the driver's front fender). The good news is some typical bad spots, like the rockers, floors, door pillars, and lower windshield frames are all quite solid. Also, many trim parts are needed (front seat covers, headliner, carpet), and some engine overhauling will be on the list.

Below are some photos of the car's most obvious areas of need.

Driver's lower quarter

Passenger's lower quarter (not too bad)

Passenger's rear quarter lip

Fender opening

Also some of the areas that can wait a little -

Engine

Passenger's door jamb

Driver's door jamb

And a few images of the overall car as delivered (except the tires/wheels, which I added:

Regards
-TD
Tim_D

Re: 1965 Monza Coupe Thread

Post by Tim_D »

The first order of business was to replace the front springs. The car made a little noise over bumps... The reason was obvious!

Broken driver's front spring

The car sat a little better - level - on the driver's (broken spring side) than the passenger's. After seeing that pretty much one coil was broken, I decided to remove a coil from each new spring. I ordered a new set of standard duty replacements from Clark's and installed them, using resources on this site to guide me in this process.
Regards
-TD
rondo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 1965 Monza Coupe Thread

Post by rondo »

Nice looking monza. Like the wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Corvair Forum mobile app

1958 Chevy Impala
1966 Corsa Conv.

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”