63 monza build

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Mjahn87

Re: 63 monza build

Post by Mjahn87 »

Here's one of the seats before dying and after
Attachments
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG
Mjahn87

Post by Mjahn87 »

The door panels I made myself from corrugated plastic and hounds tooth upholstery Fabric
Attachments
IMG_0813.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG
Mjahn87

Post by Mjahn87 »

So I actually got the car out today and drove around. It doesn't idle well in gear and when you go to take off you really have to ease into it or it dies. After checking timing and plugs, I found 135 were a bit on the rich side, the adjustment on that carb didn't effect the running of the engine at all, speed or mixture screw. Then I also noticed the accelerated pump isn't giving me a shot of fuel at all. Looks like I'm going to be rebuilding the carbs
Mjahn87

Post by Mjahn87 »

Also I have lots of leaks, ill need to remove the tins and see where from. But I checked the diff fluid and it was full of atf. So I drained and filled with 80-90 and after I drove it a bit it was just running out of the passenger axle shaft seal. The fluid didn't smell like atf any more but still looked a little red.

I'm hoping it's just from residual fluid that was in the diff, not a leak between the powerglide and differential.
theycallmesdz

Post by theycallmesdz »

Looking so good!!!!! That color combo is awesome!
Mjahn87

Post by Mjahn87 »

I rebuilt the carbs over the weekend and adjusted the accelerator pump by the book and also found the choke pull off is bad on one carb. I adjusted the two carbs by ear and it idles so much smoother and doesn't bog and die if you give it to much gas to quickly. after driving it to work for the last few days I have found a bad brake line that must be restricted on the inside and my right rear wheel bearing is growling. I removed the lower shields and found the pushrod tubes are leaking onto the manifolds and causing the smoke. this weekend I will do the pushrod tube orings and valve cover gaskets, and hopefully have time to adjust the carbs with a vacuum gauge.

I also have a leak I haven't pinpointed yet that is dripping from the cover below the balancer. I need to remove that cover and see where exactly its coming from, I'm hoping its not the front cover or seal. ill have a look this weekend though
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Mjahn87 wrote:Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:53 am

...I have found a bad brake line that must be restricted on the inside and my right rear wheel bearing is growling...
Brake Hose Warning.jpg
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... N&page=143
Rear Axle Bearing Warning.jpg
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... graygo.y=0
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
66corsaguy

Post by 66corsaguy »

Mjahn87 wrote:I rebuilt the carbs over the weekend and adjusted the accelerator pump by the book and also found the choke pull off is bad on one carb. I adjusted the two carbs by ear and it idles so much smoother and doesn't bog and die if you give it to much gas to quickly. after driving it to work for the last few days I have found a bad brake line that must be restricted on the inside and my right rear wheel bearing is growling. I removed the lower shields and found the pushrod tubes are leaking onto the manifolds and causing the smoke. this weekend I will do the pushrod tube orings and valve cover gaskets, and hopefully have time to adjust the carbs with a vacuum gauge.

I also have a leak I haven't pinpointed yet that is dripping from the cover below the balancer. I need to remove that cover and see where exactly its coming from, I'm hoping its not the front cover or seal. ill have a look this weekend though
Did you ever find the location of this leak? I have similar and would like to hear what you found after removing tins.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”