Replacing front bucket seats

Anything Corvair related
Bill MC

Replacing front bucket seats

Post by Bill MC »

I have a '67 convertible here.
So I just reupholstered the rear bench seat via Clark's Corvair products. Back and bottom, that turned out great.
(Soo good in fact that, that in comparison, it made my front seats look like $%^# now!)

I would like to rework the front bucket seats but also looking at alternate ideas.

option 1: I can spent $600+ for the parts alone to reupholster the front pair. New buns, vinyl, etc.
Some people like OEM stock. I am ok with that, and am sure that would be fine

option 2: I have seen some pictures of cars that have replacement seats...out of say, Pontiac Fiero.
What can it look like with such aftermarket seats....what can you get for the same $600...
Has anyone replaced seats or bought aftermarket front seats?
I would love to see any pictures of how that turned out for you!

Thanks-
BIll
County98

Re: Replacing front bucket seats

Post by County98 »

Corbeau makes some really nice aftermarket stuff and you can buy bolt in adapters. New might be outside your budget though.

You can surf around the forums for other options from donor cars. I'm using leather buckets from an older BMW that are relatively easy mod to bolt in.

Just find the look you want and go for it. Corvair floor pans are pretty flat, so nothing is impossible.

If you want more pics and measurements, it on page 9 of my build thread (mobile version)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Corvair Forum mobile app

Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
Bill MC

Re: Replacing front bucket seats

Post by Bill MC »

Thanks those look great!

Return to “Corvair Talk”