October 10 Membership Meeting

CORSA Membership Chair business
Jack Bacon

October 10 Membership Meeting

Post by Jack Bacon »

Sorry for the late meeting notes, I was sent out of town for training. We talked about using the current membership brochure located on the Corsa website in the membership area https://www.corvair.org/index.php/docum ... literature . We could use this brochure or create a new one and have Clark's put one in each outgoing shipment. Clarks could invoice CORSA for the cost of printing. We were sure they would do this for CORSA.

We also mentioned having a template for a business card be available on the website and each chapter could create there own. Chapters could also use Vistaprint to create their own business cards for $10 for 500 cards. vistaprint.com. Business cards would have the CORSA website, teh local chapter contact information and could be given out at car shows, put under your Corvairs windshield wiper when out and about or at car shows, etc,

We need to have a survey to be created and sent out to all the chapters to gather information on CO}RSA. Possible questions for the survey -
1. What do you perceive is the value of joining CORSA?
2. What type of things would you like CORSA to provide.
3. What do you think would be a fair dues for joining CORSA?
4. Would you be happy with a digital copy of the Communique?
5. What content would you like to see in the Communique?
6. Would it be okay to reprint past articles from the Communique?
7. What are the most important sources you use to find information about Corvairs?

Bob mentioned maybe disbanding Virtual Vairs
Ken was not able to be on the call but mentioned last time he would check into a possible new vehicle discount from GM

We agreed to move the twice a month conference call to the second and fourth Monday due to a conflict with Jack's local chapter meeting.

Next conference call will be Monday October 24 at 8:00pm

Thanks everyone!

Jack
Corvair Minnesota President
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA
vairmech

Re: October 10 Membership Meeting

Post by vairmech »

On a comment about Clark's I had asked if they would print a flyer for Corsa the answer was yes, I got sidetracked and forgot about following up.. I'm sure we would have to pay for the costs of printing and would probably be better if we had something that was ready to print with no layout issues. I have not had a chance to be at a club meeting to ask who to get a hold of in GM. I haven't forgotten.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention
Bob Helt

Re: October 10 Membership Meeting

Post by Bob Helt »

Hey Guys,

I thought that we also agreed to put together a list of ideas so that we had some document to work with.

And one idea that I mentioned was to contact members who just failed to renew their membership and find out why.

Another idea was that with the forums available, we are allowing a free transfer of tech information. That is good obviously but it also cuts CORSA (membership) out of the loop.

And also I suggested that a membership fee of $45 for a one-year membership was a real obstacle to getting new members and we MUST find a way of reducing that.

Bob Helt

Return to “CORSA Membership”