Hello from Wisconsin

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Kent1915

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by Kent1915 »

Hello from Wisconsin. I recently inherited my dad's 68 500. As he was ill and dying it sat for a few years. As a memorial to him I just painted it and redid carbs, new points, plugs, wires, all that and it runs better than I remember. My dad bought it in 69 with 1000 miles on it so I grew up with it.

I have been lurking here for a while getting my bearings so thought I should say hi and thanks for the help! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Kent1915 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cad-kid

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome Kent!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: :tu: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!! Your '68 500 looks really good. I hope you will post some additional photos of the engine compartment, interior, etc.

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for the Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
toytron

Post by toytron »

Welcome my northern neighbor

Sent from my SM-N910V using Corvair Forum mobile app
Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
recessbilly

Post by recessbilly »

Welcome!
rondo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by rondo »

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see more pictures of that fine looking 500.
1958 Chevy Impala
1966 Corsa Conv.
Kent1915

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by Kent1915 »

Thanks all. I'm in eau claire, a city on the western side of the state. As far as knowledge of the car, I have a working knowledge of the car and in cars in general. Was raised with this one and my grandfather had both an EM and LM at various points in my life. So I guess best way to say it is I know enough to be dangerous. [emoji16]. When things go wrong I'm more than happy to try to fix it myself but will defer to others if it's over my head.

My goals for the car is to, at this point, maintain it, drive it and do some shows. Keep it going for my kids. Now that the body is solid and mechanically it's 95% not much I need to do... Get radio going and replace headliner. Aside from that the car will mark it's turf a little every now and then but that's it... Knock wood... For now.

I'll post more pics of interior and engine compartment in next few days. But it's got 57000 on it. Interior is mostly original (new dash padding and some upholstery tears mended.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Welcome! That is a beautiful blue....
CORSA Member #034095
65 Corvair Corsa "Field Find" 140-4, 4 speed, Hardtop, Telescoping wheel. Rear Speaker
65 Corvair Corsa Automatic 140-4, Coupe
Kent1915

Post by Kent1915 »

Thank you, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Introductions”