Up on jacks for the first time

Anything Corvair related
Corsa bill

Up on jacks for the first time

Post by Corsa bill »

Had a leaking slave cylinder, so I put her on jacks to take a look
I took a little time to look at the front end. ImageImageImageImage
It all looked real good. I'm happy. Really nice and clean. Looks like maybe A arms, or whatever there were replaced, they were real clean.
I still wasn't able to get under it, so I took a selfie of the elect. Fuel pump, or at least I think that's it.Image
I'm interested in the fuel pump as I want to make sure it's installed right. Is there another gismo for me to find? Like a regulator. Image
All in all I'm really happy with what it looked like. It's a nice Ca. Corvair, clean, and someone spent a lot of time cleaning up the body. I think they took it down to metal, did the body work. I did see some bondo on the right front fender I ripped open. I cleaned up the interior and it looks nice. Even the tops of the seats weren't sun bleached, it is a convert.
There are snaps on the sides under the windows and one on the dash, so there must have been a tono cover that covered the passenger compartment. The top needs replacing and the top motor needs to be looked into.
I'm very happy with the car and can't wait to get her done" nice"ImageImageImage
When she's done, she's going to look like this, hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BobWitt
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Up on jacks for the first time

Post by BobWitt »

Looking good! It looks like a clean vehicle...

About the fuel pump - make sure it does not hang lower than the front cross member - don't want it to snag on anything...
BobWitt - South East Michigan
Member: Corsa and DACC

1966 Corsa 140
Follow my build at: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9082"

Return to “Corvair Talk”