For those who don't know me from other forum...

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
cnicol

For those who don't know me from other forum...

Post by cnicol »

Hi to all! Many of you know me from the Corvair Center where I've been very active with over 17,000 posts. I haven't been very active here (35 posts :nono:) and my plan is to change that. So to those who don't know me already: Hi! :wave:

A little background: I've been a CORSA member since '73 and have owned many, many Corvairs, almost all late models and FCs but the list does include two EMs, a '62 Monza wagon and a '60 coupe. I still have the '60, a work in progress. Know that none of my Corvairs remain stock for very long; yeah, I'm one of those guys...

Work history includes a stint as an automotive engineer for Honda R&D but these days I write mechanic's instruction courses (Instructor led and Web-based) in the OEM automotive industry. If you were to look in the front pages of a Communique, you would find my name as CORSA's Senior Technical Editor ("replacing" Larry Claypool who knows approximately 10x more about Corvair than I do :tu: ). To keep it fun, I have a very, very small manufacturing operation where I make aftermarket fuse panels and labeled wiring sets for street rod and custom cars, as well as high-performance, (and better-looking ::-): ) reflectors for FC tailgates and rear doors.

The current fleet includes a '61 Rampside (140/PG), a project '60 Monza Coupe 80/PG, and a '66 4dr with a rear aluminum V8 4.2L/4-sp. (plus (don't tell anybody) a '65 Mustang restomod fastback :shhh: "Mums" the word!)

Good to "meet" you all and hope to get to know you better here at The Corvair Forum. :chevy:

Below: A couple of shots of my current fleet and products:
Attachments
DSCF0108 (Small).JPG
20150730_185443 (Small).jpg
20160211_080352_resized_1.jpg
DSCF2623.JPG
FC w our refl (Small).jpg
5 RS with reflectors.jpg
5 RS with reflectors.jpg (26.89 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)
BobWitt
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: For those who don't know me from other forum...

Post by BobWitt »

Craig, welcome here (back?) - I've spent a number of hours reading you words of wisdom over at CC... I like this place better as you can post more file types and the photos don't go away, but you cannot beat the years of posting over there...

Enjoy...
BobWitt - South East Michigan
Member: Corsa and DACC

1966 Corsa 140
Follow my build at: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9082"
Corsa bill

Post by Corsa bill »

Hi I'm a nubbie here but I'm diving in here head first. I've got me a nice ca. 65 Corsa convert. She's a beauty. No rust, primered, looks as it was taking down to metal. The engine was rebuilt by previous owners. Got all the old parts with the car. The body is in great shape, other then what I did backing into it. Looked at the floor pan yesterday. Looks in fantastic shape. The top needs to be replaced and the top motor needs to be fixed. All in all its a beauty.
Hope to be able read more of your posts
Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Hello Craig,welcome to Corvair's anonymous! We will attempt to cure your Corvair Addiction with therapy and consultation! it will be a rocky road and hopefully you will not flip over and catch fire! :tongue:
cnicol

Post by cnicol »

davemotohead wrote:Hello Craig,welcome to Corvair's anonymous! We will attempt to cure your Corvair Addiction with therapy and consultation! it will be a rocky road and hopefully you will not flip over and catch fire! :tongue:
Now that's funny, Dave!
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Great to see your wealth of knowledge sliding back over to this forum, Craig. I'm impressed with your credentials and cars! Very nice! I'm especially drawn to that LM 4-door hardtop with the rear V8.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Great intro Craig! There's some great info in that post and several things I didn't know. Welcome :woo:
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
joemonza

Post by joemonza »

Hello Craig. I believe I just bought a thermistor from you last week. I appreciate that seeing how I was beat by someone on E-Bay. Again thanks.
Joe Nels
1966 Monza Coupe 4 speed
140 HP 4 barrel carb
coleslaw31

Post by coleslaw31 »

I am trying to do the same and be more active over here as well. Always nice to add to the corvair addiction with more places to post!
Greenville South Carolina
CorsaSC chapter
68 convertible
66 Corsa coupe

Return to “Introductions”