Corsa Advertising

CORSA Membership Chair business
vairmech

Corsa Advertising

Post by vairmech »

This was posted by Jack Bacon:

Hi all,

I finally heard back from Cody Wilson, the national ad sales executive from Hagerty News. A business card size ad is $1500 and he will discount it down to $1000 and they will do all the design work if furnished with 55 words of text and a photo of the club logo. They have a readership of 450,000 with a pass along readership of 1.3 to 1.4 million. They next issue comes out in May and they do have one space available for the club if we want it but will need to receive an answer in the next two weeks.

if you wish to contact Cody his email is cwilson@hagerty.com and his phone 503-866-9464

Hemmings Motor News has a 1/16 page ad for $268 or the classified ads are $.70 a word. I talked with Leslie at Hemmings and she suggested maybe doing a digital banner page for the club which would have a click thru to the CORSA website. She said the Austin Healey Club has done this with a lot of visits but of course she can't tell how many became members of the club. She will send more information and a up front estimate is roughly $5 per 1,000 visits. Saying we want to start with 60,000 visits the cost would be $300 . I will keep you posted!

Regards,

Jack Bacon
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention
1966-Corsa-GT-180

Re: Corsa Advertising

Post by 1966-Corsa-GT-180 »

Check with the A/H club and see what they think of the value/cost for Hemmings digital banner.

Haven't heard of Hagerty news - are they a promo passout at events? News for Hagerty insured?
Most of that sort I receive does not get much of my attention...
How 'bout an ad in Hemmings Classic Car? - that I read, and notice ads.

Jack - would you like to write posts/news for us on the CORSA FaceBook Page? We are kicking this off this season with constant updates of Events and News that will hopefully generate interest. We support the corvair.org site with links and news
Danny Davis driving "air cooled" since the 1960s...
Pierce County, Washington, U.S.A. (near Tacoma) 2O6-643-67I8
Corvairs NorthWest, North Cascades Corvairs, Corvanatics, CORSA Western Director
vairmech

Post by vairmech »

I'm not sure that we actually have an advertising budget but that will have to be decided among the BoD if this is something to be done.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

That was my question, what's the budget?

The clickthru banner ads seem like a good deal. Driving traffic to the CORSA website is a good thing.

I think a discussion of best bang/buck would be good. You can get pretty out of hand w/ ads.

Budget wise maybe worth considering, if possible, a PR campaign for 1-2 years spending a bit more for larger ads to get CORSA recognition, then cut back to smaller once the readership has seen/knows we exist? Just an idea.
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Jack Bacon

Post by Jack Bacon »

Hi All,

I could post on the CORSA Facebook page. Do I need to be a Facebook member to post or just have the CORSA log in info to post events?

I contacted the Austin Healey Membership Director Mike Schneider and he forwarded my email to Ben Moore their VP who is much younger and working on getting the younger generation involved. He can better answer our questions about Hagerty Banner Advertising. I will keep you posted when I hear from Ben. They do have a student membership which is half their annual dues at $25.

Nice work on the new website, it looks great!

Best Regards,

Jack Bacon
Corvair Minnesota President
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA
Jack Bacon

Post by Jack Bacon »

I was talking with my wife who is in advertsiing and she clarified banner advertising for me. Banner advertising is the banner that pops up every so often when a person visits a webpage, this is called an impression. The advertiing rate is based on so much money per 1,000 impressions. I will find out from Hemmings how many visits generate one impression and what period of time she thinks 60,000 impressions would be used up.

Jack
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA
1966-Corsa-GT-180

Post by 1966-Corsa-GT-180 »

IMHO, if it's a "pop-up" it's a non-starter. Most folks are annoyed and then some when an uninvited window pops up on a page they choose to visit.. Pop Up Blockers are very popular add-ons to browsers.

Jack, PM or e-mail me and I'll get you set up on the CORSA FB page as a contributor.
Danny Davis driving "air cooled" since the 1960s...
Pierce County, Washington, U.S.A. (near Tacoma) 2O6-643-67I8
Corvairs NorthWest, North Cascades Corvairs, Corvanatics, CORSA Western Director
Jack Bacon

Post by Jack Bacon »

To clarify, banners are not a pop up. I talked with Hemmings again and they stated that the 60,000 impressions at $300 would be for one month. We could also fine tune it to say - it would not display between the hours of 12am and 6am, display on a Chevrolet page only and so forth. Lot's of options for sure.

Jack
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA
vairmech

Post by vairmech »

Jack, How about an example? Is there a link that we can go to to see what this is all about? It can be anyone's banner.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
vairmech

Post by vairmech »

Jack, We talked a little about this, banner ads, last night but we need more info on what to expect and what things might look like. We also touched on the display ads but Hagerty seems a little high priced considering that we have some kind of connection with them. Please check with Harry on what type of agreement we have with Hagerty. I really think we need to move forward with this, we just need a little more detailed information.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Jack Bacon

Post by Jack Bacon »

Hi Ken,

I talked with Ken DeBries at Hemmings advertising (470-239-3155) and tomorrow he will be sending me available banner sizes and pricing. The banner would contain the CORSA logo and about a dozen words about CORSA and when clicked on would direct the person to the CORSA website. The 60,000 impressions at $300 rate could be over a month or several months, drilled down to only appear when someone does a search for Chevrolet Corvair or Corvair from the main Hemmings home page, it also could be made to appear during a certain time of the day, like only between 8 AM and Midnight.

More tomorrow....

Jack Bacon
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

Jack it would be nice to know if we get tracking information on how many people click on the banner and end up at the Corsa website, and if possible how long they stay on the Corsa website thereafter. One nice thing about the banner ads is you can track your ROI and effectiveness this way.
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
vairmech

Post by vairmech »

Nick, The tracking would or could come from our Corsa site. With the anylitics we can see where people come from and how long they stay and also what pages they visited then what page they exited from.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Jack Bacon

Post by Jack Bacon »

Hi All,

Here is what I received from Ken DeVries at Hemmings. This sounds like the way to go. Banners are measure in pixels. The728 x 90 is a vertical banner with 38,000 impressions. The 308 x 250 is a vertical rectangle with 23,000 impressions for a total of 61,000 impressions for $300. We could specify the impression would appear when searching for Corvair or Chevrolet Corvair, what time of day the impressions are available and over a month to 3 month period. This banners are also a good size.

Jack

Web Banners
Actions

Kenneth DeVries (kdevries@hemmings.com)
Add to contacts
1:06 PM
[Flag this message]
To: jackchrisbacon@hotmail.com
kdevries@hemmings.com

Hi Jack,

In response to our conversation yesterday, we currently have 2 top positions wide open. The available impressions are 728x90- 38,000 and 300x250-23,000.

These can rotate throughout the campaign as well. Based on the $ amount and impression level you had mentioned, you could take them all and be assured you would appear in every search. You can buy a lesser amount as well. We can also build the banners for you at no cost. I can take you through the positions if you like. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken DeVries | Senior Account Executive

Hemmings Motor News

222 Main Street | Bennington, VT 05201

Direct 470-239-3155 | Fax 802-447-9566

kdevries@hemmings.com
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA