President Obama's Approval Rating at 72% after speech

Humor, Politics, etc...
1949chevy

President Obama's Approval Rating at 72% after speech

Post by 1949chevy »

Glad I am smart enough to be in the 72 percentile.....and not the not so smart, less educated, false news watching, racist, super rich, non-rational 28%'ers.

A random sample of voters polled by CNN, both before and after President Obama's State of the Union address, give the president a virtual standing ovation.

That's a total of 81 percent approval—51 percent very positive and 30 percent somewhat positive. The president also significantly shifted the needle on support for the policies he talked about Tuesday night. From January 16-19, CNN polled the group and found majority support for the president's policies; 57 percent thought those policies would move the country in the right direction.

That ballooned to 72 percent after they watched the speech
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: President Obama's Approval Rating at 72% after speech

Post by davemotohead »

you lie! You cannot even get your fact's straight at all! His approval rating is not 72%,,According to CNN 72% of the people who watched the speech liked it! Not his Approval rating!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From CNN: Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama's sixth turn at the State of the Union podium sparked a more positive reaction among speech-watchers than last year's address, according to a CNN/ORC instant poll, with 51% of Tuesday night's viewers reporting a very positive response to Obama's speech, up slightly from 44% in 2014.

The spot poll only represents the views of people who watched the speech, which may skew more Democratic than the U.S. population as a whole. The sample of speech-watchers in this poll were 39% Democratic and 20% Republican. Our best estimate of the number of Democrats in the voting-age population as a whole indicates that the sample is about 10-12 points more Democratic than the general public. "Nearly three-quarters of those who watched the speech -- 72% -- said they thought Obama's policy proposals would move the country in the right direction, about on par with the 69% who felt his policies would move things in the right way after last year's speech." :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not his approval rating you numb skull,Even CNN says the poll is Democrat Biased! You in typical brain dead left wing fashion cannot even tell the truth and change facts to fit your pathetic agenda of miss truths and lies.

According to CNN? the left wing biased lap dog LYING media? Keep drinking the Propaganda Kool aid dude! every time you post this Garbage your Sources are Know'n left wing owned Biased media organizations with direct Ties to the Obama administration, gee 2 months ago Obama had the lowest Approval rating of any president! Now suddenly he is Mr Popular? :rolling: Why is this so hard for you to understand you are being lied to? Glad I am Smart Enough Not to be a Brain washed Idiot like you!:

Virginia Moseley is a CNN Vice President and Washington Bureau Chief married to Tom Nides, a Deputy Secretary of State under Barack Obama.

David Rhoades, the current president of CBS News, is the brother of Ben Rhoades, a White House national security advisor. If Ben’s name sounds familiar, that is likely due to his reported role in the editing of the now infamous Benghazi talking points.

Claire Shipman, a senior national correspondent at ABC News, is married to no other than Jay Carney, the White House Press Secretary.

If those ties between the Obama White House and ABC News aren’t disturbing enough, the president of ABC News, Ben Sherwood, is brother to Dr. Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, a special advisor to Barack Obama.
Attachments
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA1.jpg
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA1.jpg (54.52 KiB) Viewed 836 times
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA2.jpg
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA2.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 836 times
Last edited by davemotohead on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

I will have to respond later....

GOTTA HURRY AND EAT THE REST OF THE LOAF OF BREAD SO i CAN GET ANOTHER BREAD WRAPPER TO PUT IN MY SHOES....BAD WEATHER COMING HERE.

WOW!!!!
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

[quote="1949chevy"]Glad I am smart enough to be in the 72 percentile.....and not the not so smart, less educated, false news watching, racist, super rich, non-rational 28%'ers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So according to you anyone who disagree's with you is a Racist? You are a typical left wing brain dead PIG! No wonder you hide your Name, You are a Pathetic Entitlement "I am a poor victim" Douche bag troll, Your facts are all left Wing B.S. and you can't handle the truth,Go back into the closet and assume the fetal position and wait for Big brother Government to come give you Hand outs and take care of you, Mr " I don't like politics on the forum" And you seem to start most of them,Typical Hypocrite LOSER!
Last edited by davemotohead on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
91blaze

Post by 91blaze »

1949chevy wrote:Glad I am smart enough to be in the 72 percentile.....and not the not so smart, less educated, false news watching, racist, super rich, non-rational 28%'ers.

A random sample of voters polled by CNN, both before and after President Obama's State of the Union address, give the president a virtual standing ovation.

That's a total of 81 percent approval—51 percent very positive and 30 percent somewhat positive. The president also significantly shifted the needle on support for the policies he talked about Tuesday night. From January 16-19, CNN polled the group and found majority support for the president's policies; 57 percent thought those policies would move the country in the right direction.

For a while I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not the idiot people treat you like, but not anymore. I for one am in the 28% and I'm highly educated, don't rely on news sources only, not racist, very much not rich, and quite rational. The President's speech is a typical end-of-term speech seeking higher ratings for the Democratic party by promising things that will never happen and it concerns me that so many people are gullible enough to fall for his antics.
'66 Monza Coupe Project: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

1949chevy wrote:Glad I am smart enough to be in the 72 percentile.....and not the not so smart, less educated, false news watching, racist, super rich, non-rational 28%'ers.
:eek: :whoa: :nono:
Apparently a black president, or any black person is not subject to making mistakes or being in error. To criticize or disagree with a black person automatically makes the critic subject to all of the stereotypes you can muster. Even if I would consider the popularity statistic you quoted to be possibly valid, when presented in such a way the person who presents it coupled with a series of name calling stereotypes, displaying such prejudice, greatly reduces the strength of the argument.

You are guilty of the same prejudice you would accuse others of demonstrating. You lose any possible credibility when you make such a statement.

Criticize any president or other politician or show your disagreement with what he or she says, and it is just disagreement or criticism. But if the subject of your criticism happens to be black, you must be a racist!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Incidentally, the New York Times stated Obama's approval rating increased from 42% in November to 46% just prior to the speech. In the UK, The Telegraph stated 50%. CBS News stated Poll: 83% of speech watchers approve of Obama's State of the Union proposals. (This last number was NOT his approval rating as president!) The same individuals were interviewed both before and after Wednesday's State of the Union, and after the speech, 70 percent said Mr. Obama shares their priorities for the country, up from 57 percent before the speech. Those polled were speech viewers. However, Nielsen reports 31.7 million people tuned in to the various networks that hosted the annual telecast, down from 33.3 million in 2014.
Time wrote:There’s been a steady decline in telecast viewership over the past several years, but the 2015 audience was the smallest audience that Obama has drawn since taking office in 2009. During his first address, about 52.4 million people tuned in.
I might believe that most people who actually watched the State of the Union address were already Obama watchers and admirers, so they just might be predisposed to approve of anything President Obama says.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

1949chevy wrote:I will have to respond later....

GOTTA HURRY AND EAT THE REST OF THE LOAF OF BREAD SO i CAN GET ANOTHER BREAD WRAPPER TO PUT IN MY SHOES....BAD WEATHER COMING HERE.

WOW!!!!
Now that brings back memories, my mother used to make my sister & me use bread wrappers but they were made of wax paper when I was a kid. :chevy:
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

Learn to read....and using your brain would be nice!!!! Again, I am just copying CNN's report. Now, why you need to use your brain.... "A random sample of VOTERSpolled by CNN, both before and after President Obama's State of the Union address, give the president a virtual standing ovation."

quote="1949chevy"]Glad I am smart enough to be in the 72 percentile.....and not the not so smart, less educated, false news watching, racist, super rich, non-rational 28%'ers.

My intention was that you might be ONE of these type folks if you were one of the 28%...not ALL..For this group...I better explain a little more so you don't mis- understand this statement....you might be a 28%er if you watch the lying false news station (thats it).You might be a 28%er if you are a racist...thats all.

Are you ashamed of being a 28%er?
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

64powerglide wrote:
1949chevy wrote:I will have to respond later....

WOW!!!!
Now that brings back memories, my mother used to make my sister & me use bread wrappers but they were made of wax paper when I was a kid. :chevy:
Hey PowerGlide...my statement about the bread wrappers was part of the republican official response to the State of the Union speech by President Obama.

It was a new lady senator I think it was...she stated that she had to put on bread wrappers in her shoes to get to school (she wanted you to think she was poor)...she made two good dem points though...that we have a big gap between the rich and middle class and one other dem point...she was trying to fool poor listeners to thinking it was the president that was causing these disparities is my guess or she is pretty dumb...and some will believe it I guess.

She did fail to report that her family has received OVER $400,000.00 in farm subsidies....(such a poor lady the Koch brothers gave lots of $$$$ to for election).
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

What is your intent in posting your opinions here? If it is to try to influence others to consider and possibly accept your opinions, you fail miserably when you list a string of negative stereotypes and accuse the readers of possessing one or more of these characteristics. I guess "false news watching" would be observing any news broadcast that states any opinion that is not your opinion. "not so smart" or "less education" stereotypes fall into the same category... if they disagree with your opinion they must be "not so smart" or have "less education" than you. The rest of the non believers must either be "super rich" or just plain "non rational 28%ers". Or the most-hostile declaration: RACIST! How is opening your argument in a debate served by beginning with a statement that all who disagree must have one or more of these negative characteristics applicable to them? You begin by slamming the door to any effective communication by insulting all of your readers! Then you attempt to lessen the negative impact of your statement by backtracking and attempting to reduce the hit by saying that not all, but only some of these stereotypes apply to each person who might disagree with you! In every way, you fail to make your argument heard and you block any consideration of your opinion as possibly valid. Your name calling stereotypes simply shuts down any useful debate, or even the possibility that you might be listened to.

All of the stereotypes you listed have certainly been used by racist bigots to describe members of different racial or ethnic backgrounds to help the racist to justify his or her bigoted opinion. When you belittle someone — especially people you do not know — by using such assumptions and declarations you are displaying the same negative personality characteristic that you might accuse bigots of when they show their dislike of black people, Hispanic people, women, Jews, or any group that a bigoted person might wish to belittle. It is a false, ineffective method that someone might use in an attempt to artificially strengthen their own self-esteem. It is a technique often observed in small children on a playground to boost their self-esteem by ridiculing others. And if they are successful in getting some playmates to agree with them and to follow them, they become somewhat successful in boosting the own ego at the expense of the person they are making fun of. It is a negative human behavior trait that we hopefully outgrow — but some don't. Some will even follow along to try to avoid personal attacks on themselves.

Moving on... my point earlier was that the State of the Union speech has been drawing fewer viewers each year during the Obama presidency. Those who watch are increasingly likely to be among the "Obama faithful", who might be predisposed to agree with almost all aspects of the speech. Conducting a "random" poll within that audience would likely produce a skewed outcome — similar to conducting a poll among the people attending an Obama fundraiser. A poll that asks a truly random audience how they feel about each of the key points made in the Obama speech would be more likely to produce a result that is representative of a cross-section of American society.

If you want to present your beliefs and opinions here in the form of a debate, you should state your beliefs clearly and attempt to be more open to listening to counter-arguments from differing opinions. Both sides might be offering opinions that can be valid. But you cannot influence others if you open by creating a hostile environment. The only people who might follow you would be those who are afraid of being rejected if they express their own opinions.

It is my hope that our president would work diligently to represent ALL of the people — even those who did not vote for him. He must work to listen to a variety of opinions, and then as the final decision-maker choose the path that is best for America. He must lead when working with Congress to encourage debate and discussion and compromise that considers all of the representatives within the House and Senate. They are all elected officials who represent their constituents. The Chief Executive must work to hear them all out and to encourage such discussion and debate. When 435 elected members of the House of Representatives draft a proposal and send it to the Senate for consideration, their proposal deserves to be heard, debated, and discussed. The outcome should be some form of counter-proposal from the 100-member Senate. But when one Senate member, such as Harry Reid, blocks the proposal, declares it to be "dead on arrival", and refuses to bring it up to the Senate for discussion, our system of government is failing. Likewise, when the President declares a bi-partisan bill from Congress to be vetoed before he even reads it, and fails to interact with the House and the Senate earlier in its development in an attempt to develop a bill that is acceptable to the Congress and to the Chief Executive, he is failing to lead and failing as a Chief Executive. Such a government is not serving the people, and is failing to accomplish the work of the people. Outcomes such as this only display a stalemate and an ineffective, dysfunctional government to the people, which diminishes the USA and weakens it in the eyes of the nation and of the world.

The State of the Union address requires the President to periodically give Congress information on the "state of the union" and recommend any measures that he believes are necessary and expedient. Unfortunately, it has deteriorated into a one-sided campaign speech in an attempt to force the Congress to faithfully follow the President's agenda. Such an approach might work in a monarchy or dictatorship, but it serves our country poorly. It fails to value Congress as a separate, but equal branch of our government structure. The Legislative and Executive branches must be willing to work together and to compromise. Bills that are blocked and not heard by both houses of Congress, or that are vetoed by the President, represent a failure in the system. The goals should be to avoid such obstacles if at all possible.
Brad Bodie
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

1949 is a UN-Informed Brainwashed lying instigating POS Lefty Jerk off Entitlement idiot, In other words a Typical Democrat! If you do not assimilate and conform to their Socialist ideals and agenda of Lies then you are instantly wrong,They do not believe in free speech or free thought, If you Have an opinion that differs from His you are instantly the enemy and you get labeled as a Right wing extremist, If you disagree with his Hero in any way you are a Racist, If you have noticed when Facts are presented that prove him wrong he changes the subject,leaves the conversation or starts another thread to focus attention elsewhere and instigate more lies, if you notice the title of this thread is a total lie and now he is trying to justify his lies and meanings of his words calling people racist and uneducated by further lying and saying we cannot read and comprehend his Meanings or Intentions because once again we are not smart enough and do not use our brains, he is the typical embodiment of what is wrong with this country.
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

davemotohead wrote:1949 is a UN-Informed Brainwashed lying instigating POS Lefty Jerk off Entitlement idiot, In other words a Typical Democrat! If you do not assimilate and conform to their Socialist ideals and agenda of Lies then you are instantly wrong,They do not believe in free speech or free thought, If you Have an opinion that differs from His you are instantly the enemy and you get labeled as a Right wing extremist, If you disagree with his Hero in any way you are a Racist, If you have noticed when Facts are presented that prove him wrong he changes the subject,leaves the conversation or starts another thread to focus attention elsewhere and instigate more lies, if you notice the title of this thread is a total lie and now he is trying to justify his lies and meanings of his words calling people racist and uneducated by further lying and saying we cannot read and comprehend his Meanings or Intentions because once again we are not smart enough and do not use our brains, he is the typical embodiment of what is wrong with this country.

Its funny that I have references with my posts and you have nothing about your posts, state where your BS comes from for a change....of course I do not have references all the time as not too many references deal with such ignoramises as yourself.
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

References? You mean all the Left wing garbage I prove are Lies? I posted the truth in my first post and used The same CNN artical as a reference you got your info from and then Twisted and contorted to fit to your liking to post the title of this thread that is another total lie! I am tired of you and your B.S. You have pretty much Offended everyone here with the labels you put on anyone who does not agree with you and the Racist statement was the last straw, You did have a few supporters and now have even turned them against you, dealing with you is a waste of time and I will no longer play,,so you will just have to play with yourself! :rolling: You are a Joke, Get some Help.
tommy44432

Post by tommy44432 »

After reading these posts I'm glad to see political bickering and partisan name calling exists amongst car people. And it's sad as well that my fellow Americans have become so polarized that people that would be friends at a car show would express such hatred to each other over politics. That's why this country is going to hell. It doesn't occur to anyone to compromise and get things done. Calling each other names is a lot more productive *sarcasm*. Why not agree to disagree and find a solution all can live with? I'll bet if Congress and the White House did that we'd all be better off. Feel free to call me Liberal if you're a Conservative...and vice versa.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: I agree. I have repeatedly criticized postings for invoking name calling and stereotypes in weak attempts to weaken the "other side" and to artificially strengthen the writer's position. Both sides could potentially have valid points to make in a political debate. These issues can be and are serious issues that must be resolved for the good of our nation. When emotional hatred enters the "discussion" nothing is resolved and no progress is made. We have seen this in a small forum here, and unfortunately in much larger forums in state capitals and in Washington DC. I would hope that the fresh faces and power shift in the Congress, and our Chief Executive would stimulate a rise to the level that serves our nation and its people to find solutions to our problems. Most are tired of the self-serving political and party-based rhetoric. If our elected officials continue to fail us and do not work effectively to compromise and to work together our nation will likely continue in a steady decline!
Brad Bodie

Return to “Off Topic”