OT---One party is proposing a 20% cut in Social Security

Humor, Politics, etc...
tommy44432

Re: OT---One party is proposing a 20% cut in Social Security

Post by tommy44432 »

thewolfe wrote:How about we ask 1949chevy this question. Do you believe that President Obama is an honest man running a transparent administration? I'm embarrassed to say I voted for the guy the first time after a large distaste for Bush. My vote was based on hope and change, transparency, lower deficits, no tax raises etc. Things that he stumped on which turned out to be nothing but LIES. Fooled me once but not the second time. Unfortunately there are a lot of gullible people out there with no common sense that can't question authority and think their king can do no wrong.
Anyone that believes any of the last half dozen Presidents we've had run transparent administrations is living in a fairy tale.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: OT---One party is proposing a 20% cut in Social Security

Post by bbodie52 »

tommy44432 wrote:As noble as this makes Mr. Romney sound I'd like to point out he's quite wealthy on his own and the monies he refused are pretty much pocket change to him.
Yes, the money may be "pocket change" to him, but his ability to earn millions of dollars in his chosen profession means that time is money if he invests his time in working for Bain Capital or some similar venture where he is paid quite well for his proven skills and his time. However, his willingness to resign those occupations and instead spend years of his time working for no pay says that his commitment to church-related callings, donating four years of his time for the State of Massachusetts, and spending several years helping the State of Utah with their winter Olympics problems and turning that into a successful effort is more important to him than earning money for himself and his family.

Charity can involve giving money, property, or time. Mitt Romney has given a great deal to what he believes are good causes in all of these categories.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Off Topic”