80-89
No votes
90-100
1%

Total votes: 79

Trip

Re: Future of the corvair clubs and younger members - POLL

Post by Trip »

Thanks for the replies guys. I've read about the bracket racing handicap system before. Once i check the regulations do I just show up on a non-event day and sign up?

I'll most likely make my run at Raceway Park, NJ simply because it is where I grew up and not much farther than the nearest strip.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

ran some numbers using your et and mph and guessed your weight w/driver at 2600 lbs. As I said, this program is questionable but here is what I got. 14.6 & 95.07 shows 169 crank and 144 rear wheel. I the tried it at 14 flat and 98 mph because you said it hopped at the launch and that shows right at 190 crank and 162 rear wheel. I know it is not 100% accurate but that should give you a ballpark estimate.
At the Portland convention in 2005 a few of us made some runs with a G-tech . Mine showed 159 HP on it.

I 'm really trying to make it to the Corvair Olympics this year so I can give Michael LeVeque a rematch :burnout:
Attachments
1031.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
johnritter

Post by johnritter »

The G-Tech @ 159 falls right inline with the 162 I got. You are probably right at the 185 to 190 crank. We have been using G-Tech since they came out, 1st use was on an engine I built my son, a 460 Ford and my flow bench calculations of hp vs the G-Tech were almost dead on. Its like the magazines say, "we use to test it, now we test with it". I build/built a lot of small bore 2 stroke bike engines (12hp thru 200hp) and the dyno is much better than the G-Tech on the little guys.
Trip

Post by Trip »

I've been wondering about the G-tech for years!!

This post motivated me to go research them online (finally) and I answered most of my own questions.

Edit again!: I very nearly picked one up on ebay tonight, but decided to think it over and changed my mind. I suppose the money would be better spent on some more important items for my cars =(.

I'm going to hope to get one at some point in the not too distant future.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
65Ragtop

Post by 65Ragtop »

Just noticed KidCorvair turned 101 today. :cool:
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Just noticed KidCorvair turned 101 today
I saw that too . Scott may have to add one more catagory to the age poll ::-):

I thought he was about 14 or so ?

Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Grymm wrote:I've been wondering about the G-tech for years!!

I got one a couple ye ars ago. I checked my Corsa and the Subaru Impreza I had at the time. The Impreza with a 1.8 showed more power. :rolling:
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

4carbcorvair wrote:
Grymm wrote:I've been wondering about the G-tech for years!!

I got one a couple ye ars ago. I checked my Corsa and the Subaru Impreza I had at the time. The Impreza with a 1.8 showed more power. :rolling:
Are they both turbo'd?
CorvairCraig

Post by CorvairCraig »

Hey guys,

Our 65 has a .030 angle ported weber motor with a 280 isky cam. We dyno'd it on a wheel dyno. It pulled 120 hp. (I was told a stock 140 would do around 80 hp)

Food for thought!

Craig
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Both NA. 140 Corsa, 1.8 4 banger Subbie.

80 was the best I could get out of the Corsa (stock 140 with exception of Otto 20 cam). I got about 98 out of the Subbie.
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
FeltVairs

Post by FeltVairs »

So has technology not improved for making the Corvair faster? I'm confused by all ideas that he Corvair can't compete these days and 16's is the goal for the strip. What was it in 60's that this guy figured out that we can't make happen in 2015?
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/members/ ... ir_1-4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CorvairKid
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by CorvairKid »

Hello, i bought my first corvair, a 65 monza coupe when i was 17 for my birthday was able to drive it to high school the following week. Being from the upper midwest not many corvair owners around so word got out and people started giving me leads on corvairs around the area. By end of high school was able to install a digital fuel injected throttle body system on corvair. Bought second corvair 1961 greenbrier six door during first year of college. Got to know more about cars and then installed turbo on my monza, which was a learning experience. By my third year bought a 61 loadside and 61 rampside. Everything done mechanical and chassis work to the corvairs in done in our shop except for some paint work and upholstery work.

https://www.facebook.com/CountrysideCor ... page_panel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm only 24 right now and have gone to a few conventions already and have noticed only a few younger corvair owners. Its fun to get kids around our age together and bring new ideas to the old school cars. I have been trying to bring it up to the corsa board about creating a Jr Edward Cole award or something to attract younger generation to be more involved in corvairs and look forward to win something that we have a chance to win. Its hard for my brother and I and other young guns to compete in the Edward Cole award due to us being in college, in high school, on a budget, or starting a family. Most of the older corvair owners have one or two owner cars that have been their since they were in high school or past down from generation and have the original paperwork or history that people like to see or make the car more valuable. I can say for myself and brother we went out and found our cars passing through small towns or in the backyards of peoples farms. Im sure other younger corvair owners are have the same experience in obtaining their corvairs, we dont know the full history on our cars or have the original paperwork. We cant afford perfect shape corvairs, or able to afford to make the concourse spec on our budgets that can compete in the Edward Cole award.

I hate to vent about it but if you want younger people to be more involved have something for us to compete in that has a big award where our cars are not concourse spec or have flaws.
Alex Becker
Yankton, South Dakota

61 Greenbrier
61 Loadside
61 Rampside
62 Greenbrier
65 140 monza
65 140 DFI turbo charged monza

Return to “Corvair Talk”