Happy Thanksgiving

Humor, Politics, etc...
BIGTWIN
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by BIGTWIN »

Happy Thanksgiving to all. :my02: I think that the main reason a lot of people don't think they are blessed is that they don't know a blessing when they see it. The way I see it, as our lives come and go we overlook things that seem normal to us but not everybody has what we have. Do you have a home? Did you eat yesterday and do you know for a fact that you'll eat today? What about your family, friends, or other influences in your life? Our job might be a headache or we might not have one but whatever the case is it's all part of the big picture that is our life. There are many, many situations that we have to deal with that may all boil down to "our lot in life" but be it good, bad, sick, well, happy, or sad, it is all part of a bigger plan that God has for each of us and everything that happens is part of a big picture that we don't always see. On this Thanksgiving day lets all try to focus on what we really are thankful for and try our best to find the good side and the blessings in everything. If the turkey is overdone at least someone cared enough to try to cook it for your enjoyment. Be a pleasure to be around today and then try to make it a habit to carry with you every day. Tell the people in your life that you appreciate them. I am thankful for my wife who has stood with me for 36 years when I've been good, bad, stupid, smart, thoughtless, sick, etc. While my adult life has not always been great she has always been there to support me or celebrate with me. I could go on and on.
What are you thankful for?
1961 Monza
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it's too dark to read."
miniman82

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by miniman82 »

I'm alive and in good health, therefore I am thankful.
Click it!
dagdal1967
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by dagdal1967 »

I am healthy, happily coupled, have great friends and family, a good job and want for nothing.. I am INDEED THANKFULL.
Doug Gault
Fort Worth, Texas

- 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium
- 1964 Palomar Red Corvair 900 Monza Club Coupe
- 1961 Lincoln Continental

The Air Cooled Addiction Continues...
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Very Nice Bigtwin! I am thankful I am in Good health, Have a Great Wife, Family and Friends, Food on the Table and a Roof over my Head! Lots of corvairs and other Toys to play with, I really cannot complain about my Life and am always thankful for each and every day I wake up! And Garage Chicken is Glad she is not a Turkey! :tongue:
Attachments
short Rampy 297.jpg
County98

Post by County98 »

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Well said BIGTWIN!
I have a blessed life, full of good friends and family, and I am very thankful for that!

Have a great day Everyone!
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :ty:
BIGTWIN wrote:...I am thankful for my wife who has stood with me for 36 years when I've been good, bad, stupid, smart, thoughtless, sick, etc. While my adult life has not always been great she has always been there to support me or celebrate with me. I could go on and on.

What are you thankful for?
Thank you for those great comments that help to put everything in perspective. While our own family members are all many miles from North Carolina, we were invited to spend Thanksgiving with some good friends from our church, and thus participated in their Thanksgiving family reunion. Lots of generations, from parents in their 80's to children in single digits and teenage years, and some foster children too. My wife and I have been married almost 43 years (our next anniversary is coming up on April Fool's Day, of all dates), and she just celebrated her 62nd birthday.

As I said, your comments put all of this in perspective, and we celebrated Thanksgiving grateful for each other, and for the good friends we were with on that day, and for the strong religious faith we share.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving day!
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
reidmier
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by reidmier »

Thanks! Given.
Reid M.
Washington, UT.
'65 Monza 110 PG

http://www.hacoa.org/
http://www.vegasvairs.com/
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

Thanksgiving is just another day for my wife & me, it didn't start out to good though. Had chest discomfort & bad dizzy spell during the night, Heart surgery in 98 has been tough on me at times but i'm thankful my artificial Heart valve is still working. I finally got out of bed at 1:30 PM and got the Prime Rib in the oven & my second wife of 28 years "April 1, 1986" had a great meal which we were thankful for, especially her as I do all the cooking. :doh: I'm also thankful she let me get my 64. Any day i'm awake is a good day & if there are higher powers out there controlling what's going on in this great country I say thank you!! :tu: Also thanks for another Lions victory even if it did cost me a dollar.
Attachments
100_7549.JPG
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..

Return to “Off Topic”