'68 Monza Clock?

All Models and Years
crtoons

'68 Monza Clock?

Post by crtoons »

Hi:

Is this the correct clock for a 1968 Monza convertible? Still learning my way around the car, with help from anyone of you more experienced and knowledgeable Corvair folk out there! Thanks!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
cad-kid

Re: '68 Monza Clock?

Post by cad-kid »

Looks good!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
DT-VAIR

Post by DT-VAIR »

So is this for sure the right clock for a Monza? Was this for all LMs? I picked up a cluster with this same clock in it. The face is rougher than this - not sure if it can be cleaned up or if it's too far gone. I wasn't sure if this was Corvair or not - I found more threads online saying it was for an Impala - but didn't find much else. I'll post a pic of it when I get home.
1st one - 65 Monza Vert with power top and 110 with a 4 spd. Was a bit dilapidated but fun, 2nd was a 1965 Corvair Monza Convertible. PG - 1960 or 61 or 63 80 hp engine - we think...
junkman

Post by junkman »

Clocks are sometimes very difficult to tell exactly what they fit, unless they have some distinctive characteristic to them. An example would be the early model clock, they all look alike to the untrained eye, however, there are a couple of differences between them. The same with the Corvair dash clock, and some of the full size Chevrolet dash clocks, they all look alike to the untrained eye, but to a expert on either one of these marques, they can quickly tell the subtle differences. Outside of the box, I don't know enough about the differences to know one from the other. Looking at a picture makes it all the more difficult, since you have no way to gage the physical size. This is where a dollar bill placed in front of the item, helps to determine size.
I deal with reasonable people reasonably, and unreasonable people, not at all!
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Here is what mine looks like at night. It seems like your second hand is broken.
Attachments
spare cluster.JPG
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”