64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: ObamaCare Simplified

Post by davemotohead »

Wonder who low he will go in two more years. :rolling:

How low was Hitlary Killtons approval rating in 1995 during the Lewinsky BJ wars? Bet he will beat that! :eek: :eek:
Last edited by davemotohead on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

The Daily Mirror is a British national daily tabloid newspaper founded in 1903.
Is this your source reference? A British tabloid? You do lose some credibility with such a statement.
1949chevy wrote:Here is the guy that achieved the lowest approval rating of ANY American President in history.... in January 2009...and of course, rightfully so.
Actually, the lowest approval ratings of any American President since 1945 were achieved by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon. It is interesting to note that Harry Truman, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush also achieved some of the highest peak approval ratings between 1945 and the present. It looks like those high ratings were achieved at the end of WWII, during Operation Desert Storm (Persian Gulf War) and the fall of the Berlin Wall, and following the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

I would assume that Truman's lows were associated with the Korean War. Johnson's lows were likely associated with Vietnam. Nixon's lows were, of course, Watergate. Carter's problems with high inflation and the long American hostage problem in Iran. George H. W. Bush declined after the end of the Persian Gulf War successes with domestic taxes, budget and an economic recession. George W. Bush had a strong response after 9/11, but got bogged down in a prolonged occupation in Afghanistan and Iraq as he tried to find a path toward dealing with long-term terrorist threats. And when Hurricane Katrina hit Mississippi and Louisiana along with the economic recession...

From what I can see, Obama started out with high expectations and anticipated successes that he was unprepared to measure up to. Hope and change that never materialized. I had my doubts, but I had hoped he was measure up to the hype. He knew how to say what people wanted to hear. But now the lies and lack of performance are catching up to him.

This was the man who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize based largely on hope and expectations — not on achievement. The achievement never came.

:link: http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ ... 05-31.html

Presidential Approval - 1945-2012.jpg
Truman.jpg
Eisenhower.jpg
Kennedy.jpg
Johnson.jpg
Nixon.jpg
Ford.jpg
Carter.jpg
Reagan.jpg
Bush I.jpg
Clinton.jpg
Bush II.jpg
Obama.jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

miniman82 wrote:Like many single-minded Progressives, you ignore hard facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... val_rating

Truman had the worst single statistic, while on average Bush actually has a higher approval than Obummer: 49.4 vs 48.

How's the Kool Aid?
Actually, if you go back and read my post...I said in January of 2009, that bush was rated the worse president. The wikipedia reference was a Gallup poll, which leans right, and is not so correct...in the last presidentual election, they had romney up by 7.2 points in the election...they were near the bottom for correctness ( there were 82 polls more accurate than Gallup).

And if you use the Gallup poll you cited....On Oct 31, 2008....bush had the highest DISSAPPROVAL RATING of any president....and I am sure it got worse in Jan 2009....remember we were LOSING 700,000 jobs a month...it took the stimulus and our president to bring it back to a positive gain...under bush, in all my lifetime, house/real estate actually lost value....I had never seen that in 40 years except under bush.

Also, look at the graph of dissappoval ratings for bush in the oct 2008 poll....his approval ratings were dropping like a hot potato...you are not so nieve to think that all of a sudden his approval rating started climbing do you ? I have had two quarters of stats...that dropping trend tells a pretty honest story.

Here is a poll conducted by the U of Conn....must have been taken in Jan 2009...not oct 2008 like the poll you suggest.

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/data_a ... roval.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It show bush in the teens for an approval rating....the lowest ever of any president.

Again....Gallup was the 82 worst poll taker for the 2012 election..and they leaned republican by 7.2 points.....huuummmmmm....don't forget...President Obama won by 5,000,000 votes.

Koolaid is great !! What flavor would you like?

And this last election was the lowest turn out since 1942....36.4 % of eligible voters voted....it is estimated that 19% voted republican...so less than 1 in 5 voters voted repubican.......not much to fly up on the fence and crow about !!!

Here is more of the truth of what is happening politically.
Kos-People-tease[1].png
Kos-People-tease[1].png (199.93 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
Last edited by 1949chevy on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

I can smell the butthurt from here...
Click it!
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

miniman82 wrote:I can smell the butthurt from here...
Yes...I smell it too...must be coming the denial of facts and stats.

Heading to Atlanta...see you guys later
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

Watch for the paper mask part around the 2:50 mark. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :neener:

Kalamazoo, Mi..
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

1949chevy wrote:Yes...I smell it too...must be coming the denial of facts and stats.

Smells more like the Democrat ass-whoopin that just got handed out by John Q. Public at the polls, mixed with 6 straight years of Progressive faggotry from the Congress. Time to clean up that mess, and go kick North Korea's ass for a bit!

As for the President himself? I have nothing against him personally, he's actually done a good job till now with containing terrorists and so forth. If he wasn't such a bonehead economically, he'd probably have a better rating than Clinton. It's his blind followers I find most amusing...

Click it!
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

This attachment speaks for itself.
Attachments
Attachment-1.jpg

Kalamazoo, Mi..
cvair4life

Post by cvair4life »

miniman82 wrote:
How's the Kool Aid?
good one Nick.
1966 Corsa Coupe
BIGTWIN
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by BIGTWIN »

The real question is How are we, our kids, and our grand kids going to PAY for this false economy we have brought on by this stimulous money we're still putting in to that economy? God help us all because between that, the outrageous number of people who choose to live off the taxpayer when they're able to work, a government that is willing to let them, and all the political correctness that turns anyone with a conservative opinion into a racist, we'll be a 3rd world country before this is all over. :helpsos:
1961 Monza
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it's too dark to read."
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

Good thing I'll have sold all my stocks and moved to Cancun to watch the whole thing melt down by then...

Hate to tell ya, but the voting public is by and large uninformed and detached. I don't see that changing in the next 10-20 years.
Click it!
BIGTWIN
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by BIGTWIN »

Scared but I agree.
1961 Monza
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it's too dark to read."

Return to “Off Topic”