Another lost weekend.

Anything Corvair related
k9ulan

Another lost weekend.

Post by k9ulan »

No cruisnin for us this weekend again. I bought an alternator and bracket from a Corvair parts vender on Ebay, Got it all set up, and after a long forum conversation decided that the alternator was bad. Called the guy, but had to wait til he got back from vacation to see if he had a replacement. He said he would test this one before he sent it this time. He says he sent it Monday FedEx and gave me a tracking number that didn't work. Emailed a couple of times , and finaly yesterday he returned my message apologizing saying he sent it to the wrong address, :dontknow: so he resent it. :angry: Tracking number works and says it will be here Wednesday. I think it would have came faster if he sent it on a pack mule. I guess now I will have to wait and see if it gets here at all, if it is the correct one, and if it works. Of coarse the last couple of weeks have been beautiful here, and they are down the drain. Sorry for the rant but he's got my money, I'm still walkin..I kind feel like I'm being scammed
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Another lost weekend.

Post by azdave »

I assume you have no auto parts store in town to test the alternator for you? I take mine to Autozone and let them spin it up on their machine because they think if it is bad I'll probably buy a new one from them.

Was it a real dedicated Corvair parts vendor on eBay or just someone selling mostly Chevy parts with a few Corvair goodies thrown in?
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
k9ulan

Re: Another lost weekend.

Post by k9ulan »

I did take it off and take it to AutoZone, that's how I verified its bad. I've seen the guys name mentioned on here and he seems to have a lot of corvair pars listed on ebay.

Return to “Corvair Talk”