Best corvair memory

Anything Corvair related
Jonathan's61vair

Best corvair memory

Post by Jonathan's61vair »

As I meet more and more Corvair owners I hear all of these awsome amazing storys. So I,d like to hear the best memory that you guys have had with your Corvair, Im looking forward to hearing what they are thanks everyone :tu: :ty:
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Best corvair memory

Post by davemotohead »

My First memory from the Womb!:

My Father was a GM Master Factory trained Corvair and Edsel Mechanic at the Local Chevy/Ford dealer ship Back when they were Owned by Ralph Nader and were the same company,,Back when Men were Men! I was born on a cold foggy hot august day In the middle of winter,,My father was Drinking Jack Daniels in the garage and plugging all the oil leaks and installing a new fan belt on a 63 turbo Spyder convert that he bought New the day before,,Mom was bare Foot and 9 months pregnant and was in the house dragging around a vacuum cleaner and smoking a cigarette and popping Valium like there was no tomorrow,,As my Father cussed as he busted his Knuckles trying to tighten the idler pulley bolt with a pair of pliers,,Mom came out to see what the trouble was?? Then it Happened,,Dad Ran out of Jack And threw The pliers across the garage Hitting mom in the Stomach and me in the head,,my first memory,,the water broke and they both piled into the Spyder convert and off to the hospital,,Dad weaving all over the road and Mom Yelling At him,,but I remember the Sweet sound of the spooling turbo and the Sweet smell of burnt oil,,Right then and there,,In the womb,,I knew I was destine for Corvair greatness and a life in the poor house,,As I came into the world and Opened my eyes for the first time,,I remember Mom asking the DR if he was Sure I was Hers,,And as He Nodded Yes,,I remember the tears streaming down her face in dis Belief,,I looked over at Dad passed out On the floor,,cigarette still smoking in his Drooling drunken Mouth,,,I felt A calmness sooth my soul,,Because I knew that I Would soon hear the sweet sound of the opposed flat 6 air cooled turbo on the way home! :)
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

Parked on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan on the South side of South Haven Mi. in my 6 months old 1962 Monza. My girl laying across the seats & my lap with her head on my shoulder. Several other cars were parked there at the local hangout but everyone else was down on the beach. It was around 1;00 AM & in drove the State Police, two officers got out & walked down the path to the beach & rounded up all the kids & they all got in their cars and left. One officer walked over to my Tuxedo Black Monza and shined a flashlight in my side window, my girl never moved. I looked up & all I could see was the light so I gave him a wave & he turned the light off & walked away not saying a word & got in his patrol car & away they went leaving us to embrace looking at the Moon shining over beautiful Lake Michigan. Oh to live those days again!!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: ::-):
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Jonathan's61vair

Post by Jonathan's61vair »

Wow, he must have been a fan of that tuxedo black ::-): :cool:

Return to “Corvair Talk”