Corvair Van newb

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Jerp

Corvair Van newb

Post by Jerp »

I just bought a 64 Greenbrier, doesn't run but supposedly once I get the gas tank and the battery in, it will run like a top. That's what the guy that sold it to me said. He wouldn't lie to me...right? Anyway, i'm in Denver. I'm mildly mechanical, but I have a guy that I trust that I trade out work for, so he'll probably do the heavy lifting. Is this the type of place where everyone will tell me all things I did wrong(overpaid, should have stayed stock, terrible paint color) or where I can get some encouragement and answers? I hope it's the latter. Looking forward to learning a lot about these cars/vans as I encounter problems, which I'm sure I will have plenty of.

Thanks in advance for the info!
64 Greenbrier
cad-kid

Re: Corvair Van newb

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome! You can always hook up a temporary fuel tank near the engine for testing purposes.
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
Jerp

Post by Jerp »

true. but then I would have a reason NOT to buy it...and nobody wants that. I really did get swept up in buying it. Only time will tell if I'm an idiot or not...
64 Greenbrier
BIGTWIN
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by BIGTWIN »

Welcome. I think you'll find that this is both types of forum to a certain degree but the encouragement, advice, and instruction do flow more freely than the shouda's or I woulda's. Let the questions roll if you can't find what you need in the search tool. You never know what kind of wisdom a world full of Corvair owners can come up with. Let's see some pics too.
1961 Monza
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it's too dark to read."

Return to “Introductions”