Jimbo

Anything Corvair related
Scott H
Site Admin

Jimbo

Post by Scott H »

Crazy George asked me to post this on his behalf.
Very upsetting day for me, My good Corvair friend Jimmy Harris of Tenn. passed away. Jimmy has been very ill for some time now. We received a call from his lovely wife Deb informing me. Not what I wanted to hear, I was not prepared at all. He went peacefully in his sleep Deb tells me. The good Lord took him last week. We had been talking for several years now and belonged to the Corvair Forum together. I was gifted to meet and stay with them both last year. Jimmy is known as Jimbo. A superb body and paint guy. He could put a polish on any thing and make it look like chrome. We spoke allot, late at nite for a long time now. I just love to hear that southern accent of his. He took me around his town and I met his Dad and mom as well. His dad showed me his hot rods they built and projects still on going. Jimbo has a 8 door corvair van that he has been redoing for some time now. We all went to the cracker barrel to eat. I don't have nothing like that here in Maine near me. Jimbo even put me on his phone plan list . I will miss him very much. Bless Deb to get thru this hard time and share a prayer for her to have strength. We both know that Jimmy must have a custom Corvair up there riding in the sky, not only being aircooled, it has AIR POWER OPTIONS NOW. As upset as I am over this, many will miss this kind hearted fellow, just loads......... I know that the Lord will be taking care of Jimbo and I miss you dearly Jimbo.
Good friends will always follow , see ya another day Jimmy and we can ride together
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Jimbo

Post by Crazy George »

Sorry all to bring this sad news, Thank you very much Scott getting this on for me..I had a call from Jimbo's wife Deb today informing me. Not been a good day at all.. We lost a hell a a great Corvair guy . I have been upset over it allot still we had been talking just last week earlier. But Jimbo is pain free now up there. Please say a pray for his Wife Deb and family to get thru this hard time folks.. If any one has any thing to share or know Jimbo (Jimmy Harris) please share it here on the Corvair Forum .................................. CG
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Jimbo

Post by davemotohead »

RIP Jimmy! Bummer to hear this news,I have know'n Jimmy for a number of years and sold him all my NOS patch panels for his 8 door, He was always a great guy to talk to with and his southern accent was unmistakable when you answered the phone, he always sent me inspirational Emails and was just an Over all nice Genuine Guy, The corvair Community Lost a Great one! :(

Return to “Corvair Talk”