What other cool cars/bikes do you have/have you had?

Humor, Politics, etc...
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: What other cool cars do you have/have you had?

Post by Scott H »

WOW you've got a cool collection of cars KC.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Thanks Scott.....chances are though I'll probably be selling the bottom 3 when the economy picks up again......it's too much just to maintain that many, the time AND the cost. Not to mention trying to get my 'vairs perfect.
rodnokn6

Post by rodnokn6 »

Vanman wrote:Besides my Corvan I also have a '63 custom bug project. I used to be into mini trucks. Had a red '88 S10 short bed dropped 4"/6" it rode and handled like a gokart. A little later I had a '89 long bed S10 with a mildly built 355, 9.5 to w comp, Edlbrock carb and intake, 3.42 rear and posie, 350 trans with a shift kit later put a 700r4 for highway cruising. I miss that truck. Built a '26 Hupmobile rat rod up to a roller, built my own frame and all, stalled on it with no cash and no way to get my paralyzed dad in it when it was done so I traded it for my Corvan.

That's my story in short. So let's here yours.
My first car was a 1974 datsun pick up I was too young and dumb to know any better this truck had a salvage title and extensive bondo BUT we had alot of fun times with that little truck... then I got a '70 cuda 340 slap stick( this cuda with a torque flight could lay rubber for days), I got a second cuda after my brother totalled my first one on a wet freeway ( very squirelly in wet weather) the second cuda was a 340 4 speed (with a pistol grip and a tic toc tach) during senior year my highschool buddies and I swapped in an out of state 340 out of a '70 Demon. We pulled an all nighter to complete the job. we had alot of fun in that Cuda we won many many street races with it. .Believe it or not I paid $1,000 dollars for each 'Cuda off used car lots , Durring the gas crunch muscle cars were very cheap. Both cars had original paint and were very straight by this time I could spot bondo a mile away!. then I got a '71 challenger big block car ( this car was impounded, too many fix it tickets and no money to fix it and to dumb NOT to drive it ) '63 greenbrier with slip and slide even then alot of people didn't know what it was .Next came a'78 trans am with a true Pontiac 400 4 speed car(out of state) a very fast and fun car there were very few 4 speeds in California @ the time due to the strict smog laws. I drove this car for many years(this Trans Am is the only used car I've ever financed I believe they got me for 22% interest!!!) yikes// '70 square back (among other mods added dual webers (partly because the bosch fuel injection sucked!)very fun little car) '62 nova coupe (very clean old ladie's car) '63 nova ss convertible I Bought this car in 1985 from original owner's daughter still own it today (started life as a 194 cid 6 with an air cooled slip and slide drums all around couldn,t get out of its own way many upgrades over the years, I quickly swapped in in a 350 small bock and it imediately smoked that slip and slide ) '66 turbo coupe daily driver never leaked a drop of oil traded my friend for 65 corsa convertible 140,'64 ford falcon van , cool van my brother in law begged me to sell it to him which I did he broke a u-joint on the freeway and the idiot just abandoned the falcon van) , '71 bmw 2002 my brother was into beemers I never really got into them) '63 nova wagon A real basket case still in process of restoration hauls my dogs to the park/ '03 svt cobra, (really was my wife's car she traded it in for a bigger car after a few years, very fast car) currently I own the two novas and the two rampsides (rusty truck and ugly truck) and my 18 year old's 65 corsa convertible/ I'm sure I left something out . the ride continues......
Attachments
63 nova wagon 230 cid inline 6/ 200 4r commute to work in it haul dogs to park not done yet.... almost
63 nova wagon 230 cid inline 6/ 200 4r commute to work in it haul dogs to park not done yet.... almost
63 nova ss convertible 383 5 speed
63 nova ss convertible 383 5 speed
my daughter is now 26 with a baby of her own 65 corsa 140 convertible behind her
my daughter is now 26 with a baby of her own 65 corsa 140 convertible behind her
my brother snapped this pcture @ big bear lake  circa 1986/ thats me in the middle  my wife to my right and my sister in law to my left as you're facing us btw the clean rampy is not mine
my brother snapped this pcture @ big bear lake circa 1986/ thats me in the middle my wife to my right and my sister in law to my left as you're facing us btw the clean rampy is not mine
the turbo coupe was mine(daily driver) the convertible belonged to my friend we ended up trading cars the '63 monza was his
the turbo coupe was mine(daily driver) the convertible belonged to my friend we ended up trading cars the '63 monza was his
my 1st car a 1974 datsun pick up  /not my kids
my 1st car a 1974 datsun pick up /not my kids
scan0546 (2).jpg (135.43 KiB) Viewed 811 times
my friend and I installing snow chains on '70 squareback on ski trip
my friend and I installing snow chains on '70 squareback on ski trip
my girlfriend @ the time  , now my wife and I beside '78 trans am circa 1982 picture taken in Hesperia
my girlfriend @ the time , now my wife and I beside '78 trans am circa 1982 picture taken in Hesperia
Last edited by rodnokn6 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
rodnokn6

Post by rodnokn6 »

I've always loved the 510s I came very close to buying a 510 b4 I got my squareback I used to love watching the 510s spank the beemers at laguna seca on abc ....
rodnokn6

Post by rodnokn6 »

Scott Howey wrote:Cool thread.

I have had a few too.
My first car was a '72 El Camino (never got to drive it) traded it for a Datsun 510 before I got my license.
Second car, and one of my all time favorite cars I've owned, (car I learned to drive in) '72 Datsun 510 1600cc, 4speed.
When I was 17 I traded the 510 for a '64 Chevele SS, 350sb with edelbrock tunnel ram, holley 750, 3500 stall, slammed, great car, good times!
Traded the Chevelle back for the 510 again. Then after having a car with power the 510 under went MAJOR mods. Now, I had power and handling! I made the 510 look much like the BRE Datsun pictured below except mine was blue and white (no red).
Traded the Datsun for a '72 Nova (I should have kept the 510). Sold the nova for $500.00.
'84 Toyota longbed Mini truck slammed of course!
1985 Toyota 4x4, (the last year with all leaf spring suspension). Great truck.
Then I had kids...there went the cool cars for awhile, had a 1982 Suburban, Ugly truck but we fell in love with suburbans, they are nice to have with 4 kids! .
Several uninteresting cars later...
Now I have a blacked out 2002 GMC Denali XL, very nice SUV.
My wife has a Scion tC, it's been a great car.
and (for a short time) a really cool 1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth.
I sold it to get my Vair.
I,ve always loved the 510s I came very close to buying one b4 I got the squareback a little pricey @ the time I used to love watching the factory 510s spank the beemers @ Laguna Seca on ABC wild world of sports
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

You had (and still have) some very cool cars rodnokn6! I do miss my 510 I also like those Datsun pickups. I almost bought one before my Vair.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Looks like you've had some cool cars, Scott! Did you ever see that white slammed 510 over on Cottonwood, south of Ranchero? A friend of mine has had his for over 20 years and it's REALLY nice. (he now lives in Oak Hills) I also like those Mercedes 2.3-16's too......a guy was selling one a few years back on Craigslist with Webers and a whole bunch of other cool stuff for somewhat cheap. Unfortunately, it had to have been a non-smog-passing-S.O.B. But they ARE nice.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Nope haven't seen that one.

I'd like to find another one of those Mercs someday. Maybe a gray market car with the 2.5-16. It would be a great car to mod if it weren't for having to smog it still.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
HotRodKush

Post by HotRodKush »

There are some awesome rides here!

Here's my garage:

And here's what's stored in it (it's actually for sale currently) - 1973 Pantera:

The rest of my toys are stored at my shop or in the driveway:

1967 Corvair:

1973 Mercedes 280SE 4.5:

1980 Camaro Z28 numbers matching (currently for sale):

My Daily - 2007 Trailblazer SS (with a flat tire and dirty as hell - it was a rough week) towing the aforementioned Camaro:
James Swazey

Post by James Swazey »

Had a 70 Impala hardtop with a 350 4bbl, lots of good times in that old boat...
Attachments
94B359FB-276B-4B08-B9FA-FE9CDE6EF34E.jpg
94B359FB-276B-4B08-B9FA-FE9CDE6EF34E.jpg (40.75 KiB) Viewed 792 times
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

My daily drive is this 2006 Scion xB custom touches including the candy paint done by me. It rides on air, 18" wheels, Kenwood/ JL Audio DVD/NAV/sound system, interior and undercar lighting mods. Great little car in my opinion. Very versitile, lots of headroom and cargo space, delivers 26+ MPG in stop and go driving, and handles like a go cart (Sway bars upgraded). Mine is 5 speed I would not have the automatic, it's performance is sluggish the 5 speed is relatively nimble.:

Underhood lighting at night:

I also currently have this 1972 datsun 510 Pickup it will be a cool little hauler one day:

Had a cool 1972 Suburban, louvered hood, lowered, 350, 350 automatic fade and fog paint effects and ghost flames:

Other notables included a 1968 Plymouth Barrcuda R/T 340/375hp engine great fun, scary fast, and too dam rusty, but man what a blast to drive.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Nice fade on the XB! Very nice Ride!!!!! Cool old sub and you know I'm loving the 510 pickup!

My wife has a tC and we are in the local chapter of Scikotics, but Corvairs have taken over my life so we dont attend any meetings/shows anymore. Her car is a commuter car and not a show car by a long shot. It is a great car though fast and fun to drive and yes the 5 speed is the way to go.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

Lots of tC's in the Synergy chapter I belong to here in Atlanta. I have not been active much with the Scion in the last couple years, too many home projects (like building a 30x30 garage/shop with new driveway and 200 feet of rocklook retaining walls, 1400 sq ft of brick pavers, 1000 feet of buried drainage/air and electrical pipes and conduits, and 6,000 sq ft of new yard).
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

You have been busy. :eek:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

I just realized I didnt post up any pics in this thread when I was posting a pic of my bug in another.

Heres the current status of my bug.

Heres the '26 Hupmobile roller I built with my father to a roughed in roller and traded for the Corvan.

Here's a panorama from last summer a friend took and sent to me of my messy garage before the Van.

Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

:eek: :eek: :eek: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)

Return to “Off Topic”