VOTE Corvair of the Month August 2013

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month August 2013

Poll ended at Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:00 pm

davemotohead
26%
Ganue 1960
11%
TexasAg77
13%
61lake
6%
corvair1960
6%
65corvaircopnj
30%
Chilly Willy
9%

Total votes: 47

65corvaircopnj
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: VOTE Corvair of the Month August 2013

Post by 65corvaircopnj »

Dad and Grandpa 1963 ::-):
Attachments
Grandpa and Dad 1963
Grandpa and Dad 1963
Chris
55 Belair Sedan
Used to have: 65 Monza Convertible; 66 Monza Cp w A/C ; 63 Monza Cp
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Tried to play with this a bit to see if I could bring out any more detail in this old photo...
Family Portrait 6.jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

Nice post Brad. As I told you I grew up Chrysler, my dad loved 55 and 56 New Yorkers. Yea we had Hemi's. I am a first generation Corvair fan. I think I have gone crazy enough on it that it seems like I grew up around them. I did want to mention I have part of Dave's Corvair heritage on my 65 Corsa project. He finally sacrificed his first car (the 69 500) so other Corvair's could live. Thanks Dave! A lot of great cars this month again!
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richard1
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Richard1 »

Hard selection.

Dave, nice find. But I'm jealous of your gas pump. Here the government controls the gas, subsidizes it, controls price, stations run out near the end of the month when they've sold their quota. A sticker on our windshields sends our purchases of quantity and place of purchase to the govt computer by wi-fi/internet every time we fill up.
65corvaircopnj
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 65corvaircopnj »

bbodie52 wrote:Tried to play with this a bit to see if I could bring out any more detail in this old photo...

Thanks Brad, nice family montage you put together! :tu:
Attachments
image.jpg
Chris
55 Belair Sedan
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: well hi everyone, to much has gone on with us here and had to get my vote in, while it was still some computer time left..... Our computer is pretty much alloted to my wife and dauther now....paying now two grad students OMG its bad.... :goodpost: Great stories , Brad & this corvair family here does the corvair forum justice :tu: and a great showing of cars... :clap: :tu: :clap: .....not to say one is better than the other for the month, they all belong here. :guitar: I had to give my vote to :clap: 65corvaircopnj. Man I know I will hear something from Rob :doh: on this , maybe others as well but you got my vote ..... After 12 September I should be able to catch up more... I will fine out the results from Scott or Brad..Sam60. Good luck all . yes still alive with issues and awsome busy and winter on our doorsteps......miss ya all but the phone still works.. :think: thinking of you all,,,, Crazy George :tongue: :oldtimer: :confused: :hunting:
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: Good to hear from you CG, and I agree with your vote. Hope you are doing will and we look forward to hearing from you in the future!

I turned this photo around to save some strained necks. Looks like a 1963 Spyder convertible... NICE CHOICE!
A Great Way to Start a Life Together!
A Great Way to Start a Life Together!
Brad Bodie
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:clap: :wave: :not worthy: Congratulations to 65corvaircopnj (Chris) and to his father for winning the August Corvair of the Month competition!! :clap: :tu: :not worthy:

A well-deserved honor! It was certainly a tough month to pull out a win -- especially when going up against davemotohead's looks and exceptional personality! ::-): :cool: The other EM and LM entries were truly exceptional too -- but your Corvair family tale and beautiful Spyder convertible took the lead and gave you a solid seat in next year's Corvair Forum Corvair Calendar.

To Mr. Congeniality davemotohead... a happy 50th birthday. When your Corvair is finished, I hope you will enter it again!
:woo:
Brad Bodie
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Congrats Chris! Glad you won! I never Imagined I would get so many votes with the orange beater, If I won this month was going to pass it down to the next guy with the most votes! once a year is good enough for me! But its fun to enter!
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

Congratulations Chris! I am glad you posted this car up. Your Dad seems like a great Corvair owner, and it seems like you have the bug too! Nice car and great story, Thank you.
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
65corvaircopnj
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 65corvaircopnj »

Thank you all for the votes! I am proud to have this car as part of my family history long before I ever came about. I will be sure to pass along the good news to Dad (Dave Ives) who will be humbled. Thank you for allowing me to post it on his behalf. Yet again the Corvair family proves itself honorable and funny!
Chris
55 Belair Sedan

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”