new guy with his new ride

All Models and Years
ryanlackey87

Re: new guy with his new ride

Post by ryanlackey87 »

Well it has been some time but i will let you know how things are going. Long story short i as in a bad car accident and messed my neck up so my friend it doing most of the work now :(. But IT is coming along pretty good. I pulled the wheels off got new tires and powder coated the wheels Antique white and threw on some now tires with a nice little white wall about 340 bucks later i am very happy and think i will keep the hubcaps off for now. Also ordered complete engine gasket set along with all new wheel cylinders shoes brake lines headlight bulbs and shock and a carbS rebuild kit. I plan to lower the car and put on the shocks then but for now i will hold off on cutting the springs. No photos no fun so here you go !

first night home Image

ripped out the interior floor looks good !

got it all pretty and back in the car !

powder coated wheels and new rubber !!!

And here is my buddy's corvair 95 coming along alot faster than mine .
new mexico vair

Re: new guy with his new ride

Post by new mexico vair »

Welcome Ryan. You wont find a better group of guys in a car forum than these dudes. They will help whatever they can!
Sounds like a sweet ride. personally I would make sure the cooling system is working well. You can figure out how to run water throught the fan to clear the fins on the engine to clean of any debri that has accumulated and would inhibit air flow causing over heating. Also clean the oil cooler and choose an oil that is suited for your new pride and joy. Personally I run synthetic Rotella.
As it has been pointed out Corvairs are old but they are good cars and will provide years of fun if they are well maintained. Your enthusiasm can be heard in your original post. Dave
1964 Monza Corvair

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”