Corvair of the Month April 2013

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month for April 2013

Poll ended at Wed May 01, 2013 4:32 am

freedo - 1964 500 Coupe
25%
coleslaw - 1968 Monza Convertible
2%
bengill - 1963 Monza Convertible
2%
gordens65 - 1965 Corsa Coupe
16%
ricknorris - 1965 Yenko Stinger Clone
38%
AshleyA - 1964 Monza Convertible
11%
firefightersth - 1965 Monza Convertible
5%

Total votes: 55

Scott H
Site Admin

Corvair of the Month April 2013

Post by Scott H »

http://www.RafeeCorvair.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cotminstabanner2.1.png
Herb from http://www.CorvairOne.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is offering a $50.00 cash prize to the winner of Corvair of the Month April 2013!
Get your ride entered today to make sure you are in the contest. The winner gets a total of $70.00!
Stop by the sponsors websites and show them some love for supporting our Corvairs.
image.jpg
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
freedo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair of the Month April 2013

Post by freedo »

my slammed 1964 corvair 500. all original interior. 88k og miles. rebuilt the engine last year at the age of 18. been taking it to local car meets and the kids there love it.

notice no rear wind down windows :chevy:

road warrior

thanks for any votes :ty:
coleslaw31

Post by coleslaw31 »

New to the forum but thought I would give it a shot and enter my car. 68 automatic, sequoia green, convertible in South Carolina. Currently doing a top end rebuild because of stuck valves but should have it on the road in a couple of weeks. Really like these cars and always wanted one.
Attachments
FrontD.JPG
RearC.JPG
EngineA.JPG
DrSideIntA.JPG
Greenville South Carolina
CorsaSC chapter
68 convertible
66 Corsa coupe
bengill

Post by bengill »

My 1963 Monza 'Vert 80HP PG, My birthday is April 10 so Birthday present maybe :) hahaha. I have been around the CCF for awhile but am new here!
Attachments
2013-02-19 15.59.18.jpg
2013-02-19 15.59.33.jpg
gordons65

Post by gordons65 »

Here's my 65 Corsa that I fully customized and rebuilt with my dad. It took me 2 1/2 years to complete and is my pride and joy. I don't drive it in the rain if at all possible and love to go cruising in it with my 8 yr old twins, boy and girl. I built a 67 Monza back in 1989 and this is a clone to that one with more customizing and more time put into it. The color is Velocity yellow which is the current Corvette yellow. I've always loved the body lines on the late model Corvairs. My customizing includes shaved door handles, filled front blinker/driving lights, all emblems removed and filled, gas door filled and moved inside trunk, amber LED daytime running lights between low and high beams, bumper bolts shaved and filled, all the suspension was taken off and powder coated hammer tone silver/black and the underside was stripped and udercoated and painted satin black, and of course a full custom interior with carbon fiber dash, power windows, stereo system, 3 point seat belts with custom shoulder mounts, etc. Thanks for looking at my project and hopefully you'll appreciate all the time and details I put into my baby =)
Attachments
DSCN2575.JPG
IMG_1939.jpg
DSCN2584.JPG
DSCN2586.JPG
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_2482.jpg
DSCN2582.JPG
This is when I started my project
This is when I started my project
Before complete engine rebuild
Before complete engine rebuild
One of the very few times I got stuck in the rain
One of the very few times I got stuck in the rain
Gordon Taylor
65 Corsa
ricknorris
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ricknorris »

This is my 1965 Monza Yenko Stinger clone vintage road race car. It began life in Los Angles and lived mostly in Arizona until I found it. The only rust free Corvair I ever owned. I was looking for a good candidate to build a full on road race Corvair, one of the many Corvair dreams I'd had over the years. I purchased the car in 2005 and began the changes to make an SCCA E Production/ vintage D Production legal racer out of it. I had thought about making it a theme car so it was a logical step for me to make it a tribute car to one of my favorite drivers, Mark Donohue and the Roger Penske owned 1967 Camaro Z28 which was their first foray into Trans Am racing. It was the only year they displayed the Z28 style racing stripes which I always liked. The famous Sunoco blue and yellow color scheme was always eye catching and easy to duplicate. I used a 1/18 die cast model as a go by and replicated all the signage and decals from it. The engine is a modified 140 HP. Drive train is an ultra close ratio four speed with either a 3:89.1 or a 3:55.1 positraction differential. After obtaining my SCCA competition license in 2009 I have been racing it ever since mostly in vintage events like the Mitty Challenge at Road Atlanta.
End of front straight at Road Atlanta.
End of front straight at Road Atlanta.
Leaned out the bedroom window to get this shot.
Leaned out the bedroom window to get this shot.
Virginia International Raceway.
Virginia International Raceway.
2012MittyRoadAtlanta.jpg
EngineOverhead.JPG
FuelCellNov2012.JPG
I painted my helmet myself except for the pin striping. Local striper Milt Wheeler did those along with the ones on the car.
I painted my helmet myself except for the pin striping. Local striper Milt Wheeler did those along with the ones on the car.
Tribute to Donna Mae Mims.
Tribute to Donna Mae Mims.
RickToTurn4.JPG
TailLight.JPG
Rick Norris
First CORSA Pres. 1971
AshleyA

Post by AshleyA »

I have a 1964 Monza convertible that I spent the better part of last summer restoring. This is all clarks parts, I did all the painting, interior, and design myself :) 110 PG

The interior is hard to keep clean, but worth it, here is version 1.0

I did the upholstery myself as well

I did alot of little things that most people dont notice, like paint the speedometer needle!

I am big into radio tech, so I had a few experiments along the way.

The first is the record player you see in some pics (these are videos)

Then I had an ipod dock in the ash tray

Finally I installed a simple CD player in an old dash cluster, then installed that into the glove box! (I did remove the glovebox door!)

Everything in the 2nd dash cluster works including blinkers! The key is hooked to the radio for an easy off switch.

The engine is a simple 110, no frills or thrills there or anywhere else under the hood. :dontknow:

Why did I enter this car? because I love it. I spent untold hours forging paths in electronics, and I learned something every hour I was in it. It wont kill me if it's not picked to win, for I already own the coolest car in town :)
firefightersth

Post by firefightersth »

1965 Corvair Monza Convertible

Attachments
IMG_20130309_142254_194.jpg
IMG_20130309_142304_661.jpg
ResizedImage_1361887306679.jpg
ResizedImage_1361887306679.jpg (51.15 KiB) Viewed 5624 times
Stephen T. Hulsey
gordons65

Post by gordons65 »

It's going to be tuff competition this time around :not worthy:
Gordon Taylor
65 Corsa
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Oh my GAWD, you're not lyin'! I haven't jumped into this thread for a long while, and I'm BLOWN AWAY by these cars!!!! WHOA!!
65corvaircopnj
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 65corvaircopnj »

Whew! Looks like some have been busy over the winter! Tough competition this month, nice rides all.
Chris
55 Belair Sedan
Used to have: 65 Monza Convertible; 66 Monza Cp w A/C ; 63 Monza Cp
Augie

Post by Augie »

Love Pink... Love it.... BUt slam that SOB

freedo for President!
1962 Monza 900 4dr Powerglide
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Some really nice nice standout cars this month -

Freedo's slammed early has a wicked stance and looks really mean in the low light pics :tu:

Gordon's yellow 65 has a lot of nice detail work and I love the carbon fiber dash :tu: Is that an overlay in vinyl ?

Rick Norris's blue and yellow racer is a beauty and looks as good or better in person than in the photos . :tu: I spent a few days
pitted right next to it at the Mitty about a year ago . Rick is quite a charactor :thewave:

AshleyA's pink early :cloud9: My gosh , how cute can it get ? I love all the girly touches and especially the under dash phonograph that
could double as a torture device , or keep an unruly passenger in line ::-): . Seriously - under dash record players were somewhat popular in the late fifties
and early 60s and I'm pretty sure some were factory installed but all the ones I've seen looked more like a common player. I have never seen one like ashley's
with the record suspended .

All of the cars are nice but these 4 really stood out to Me :oldtimer:
Attachments
IMG_0008.JPG
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
freedo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by freedo »

UNSAFE wrote:
Freedo's slammed early has a wicked stance and looks really mean in the low light pics :tu:
im going to miss my 500, i loved the color. as most know on my way home from this car show

this happened

:ty: for the love though, got a patina white 64 spyder slammed now. be cruisin soon
64vert
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: *Vote* Corvair of the Month April 2013

Post by 64vert »

in the third pic down in freedo's pics...that's got to be the knarliest moped i've ever seen! a chopper-ped!
omaha, ne
corvair midwest
CORSA
freedo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: *Vote* Corvair of the Month April 2013

Post by freedo »

64vert wrote:in the third pic down in freedo's pics...that's got to be the knarliest moped i've ever seen! a chopper-ped!
honda ruckus

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”