chassis manual

All Models and Years
jwarren

chassis manual

Post by jwarren »

I tried to look at the 65 chassis manual tonight . I received a message that the file was damaged and could not be retrieved.Has any one else had this problem?
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: chassis manual

Post by bbodie52 »

I checked and confirmed that there is an apparent problem with their file server. I sent the following email to them:
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:37 PM
To: 'Jeff@1969corvair.com'
Subject: Possible Corrupted Files

I have had some reports of corrupted files on your Web site http://1969corvair.com/techpages/Corvai ... Index.html The specific complaint was regarding the 1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual, but upon checking I also found problems with the 1966 Fisher Body Service Manual and the 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual. All three indicate that the file is damaged and cannot be downloaded. All of the other files on the Web page appear to be OK.

Your server hard drive may be developing some bad sectors and could be failing. Recommend you check the drive. I have downloaded most files available on your system in the past and find your service very useful. I have recommended your Web site to many on the Corvair Forum. I hope that you are able to resolve any problems that may be developing on your server. Thank you.
Brad L Bodie
Hopefully they will resolve their apparent file server problem. I would upload my copy of the 1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual, but I don't believe this forum will allow such a large file upload (132,835 Kb). I do have it broken down into smaller sections, but even so some of the sections are larger than 10,000 Kb and may not be permitted as an upload on this Forum. I'm not sure what the limit is. If you let me know what section(s) you need, I'll see what I can do.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
jwarren

Post by jwarren »

I need a a photo showing the rear brake assemblies to refresh my memory before I reassemble. I should have taken a photo.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I have attached a copy of Section 5 of the 1965 Chassis Shop Manual. The original source Web site that provided the 1965 Chassis Shop Manual still has not corrected the fault with their corrupted files. I'll try to contact them again.
1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual - SECTION 5 - BRAKES.pdf
1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual - SECTION 5 - BRAKES
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
Brad Bodie
jwarren

Post by jwarren »

thanks for the info
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I attempted a follow-up by sending another email, but so far the site administrator has not responded to either of my email messages. I have no other way to contact the administrator of that site.

I have also asked the Corvair Forum site administrator if we could post good copies of the corrupted files (some of which are fairly large) here on the Corvair Forum, to use this site as an alternate source for these files to make them available to Corvair Forum users. I have not yet received a final response on this proposal.
Brad Bodie
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Update!

I finally received a response, as shown below. I have verified that this problem has been corrected, by successfully downloading all three files that were previously corrupted.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :tu:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:12 PM
To: Brad Bodie
Subject: Re: Possible Corrupted Files

Thanks for the heads up. I had not seen your emails until yesterday. I have reloaded the effected files. There could be some other issues because I have a new PC, and it does not like some of the older software. I will be checking over the rest of the website. If you notice any other problems, please let me know.

Jeff Wilson
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 8:57 PM
Subject: RE: Possible Corrupted Files

Thought I'd try again, since i did not hear back and the files are still corrupted.

Brad L Bodie
Lake Chatuge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:37 PM
To: 'Jeff@1969corvair.com'
Subject: Possible Corrupted Files

I have had some reports of corrupted files on your Web site http://1969corvair.com/techpages/Corvai ... Index.html The specific complaint was regarding the 1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual, but upon checking I also found problems with the 1966 Fisher Body Service Manual and the 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual. All three indicate that the file is damaged and cannot be downloaded. All of the other files on the Web page appear to be OK.

Your server hard drive may be developing some bad sectors and could be failing. Recommend you check the drive. I have downloaded most files available on your system in the past and find your service very useful. I have recommended your Web site to many on the Corvair Forum. I hope that you are able to resolve any problems that may be developing on your server. Thank you.
Brad L Bodie
Lake Chatuge
Hayesville, North Carolina

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/bbodiefamily
Brad Bodie
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

I have been searching for a free .pdf of the 1960 Corvair Shop Manual - is there one?
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I have never seen a download for a 1960 Corvair Shop Manual. The closest I've found is the second link below, which covers 1961-1964 Corvair and Corvair 95 with the primary manual and the supplements.

Downloadable Corvair Shop Manuals, Parts Manuals, Service Manuals, etc.
http://1969corvair.com/techpages/Corvai ... Index.html

Early Model Corvair Shop Manual & Other Useful Manuals
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/corvanatics/manuals.php

The 1960 manual is available as a reprint from Clark's Corvair Parts online catalog page 244. The price is $26.55. On CD it is even more expensive, at $42.45. I don't know if the construction of the 1960 Corvair model is so unique as to justify the need for the 1960 shop manual. The 1961 shop manual may be sufficient, but I don't have any experience with working on 1960 Corvairs, so I can't confirm that.

I did see a listing for a used 1960 Shop Manual on eBay for $13.90 or Make Offer, plus $7.95 shipping. They show one is available, and one has been sold. Seller has good feedback. eBay Item No: 160653143986.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-Chevrolet- ... 2567ac6fb2

http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... N&page=244
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... N&page=245
Brad Bodie
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

THE 60 SHOP MANUAL ON CD FROM CLARKS IS A POS - CANNOT HARDLY READ - POOR RESOLUTION. IT ALSO IS NOT IN .PDF FORMAT. I AM LOADING ALL THE 60 INFO ON MY SONY E-READER WHICH TAKES FILES IN .PDF FORMAT. I HAVE THE "CORVAIR BASICS" , THE "CORVAIR TECH GUIDE" AND THE "1960-1969 CORVAIR PARTS CATALOG" ALREADY LOADED
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”