Corvair of the Month January 2013

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month January 2013

Poll ended at Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm

kenshapiro2002 1961 L;AKEWOOD
15%
66corvair*carl 1966 COUPE 140
5%
4carbcorvair 1966 CORSA CONVERTIBLE 140
27%
Jimbo BUNE BUGGY
3%
natewolfe 1965 CORSA 180
12%
pervair 1964 RAMPSIDE 140
30%
crowncorvair THOMAS CROWN BUGGY REPLICA
8%
oil4kids MEYER MANX DUNE BUGGY
No votes

Total votes: 60

Scott H
Site Admin

Corvair of the Month January 2013

Post by Scott H »

:wave: Time to VOTE :wave:
CORVAIR OF THE MONTH JAN 2013.jpg

The Sponsor is
Parts and service, in the Heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice

The winner this month will get a $20.00 Gift Certificate from Rafee Corvair.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
kenshapiro2002

Re: Corvair of the Month January 2013

Post by kenshapiro2002 »

"Tina" (named for her patina), is a 1961 Lakewood with original paint, and all components. Found her sitting under a pine tree in California's high desert, where she'd sat dormant since 1989. New points and some gas in her crabs and she fired right up...no clatter...no smoke...a true survivor. She has her original 80 HP motor and 3 speed manual. I've found her original owner (I'm #3) who bought her in Cincinnati in 1960 and drove her to Fresno.
kenshapiro2002

Post by kenshapiro2002 »

kenshapiro2002

Post by kenshapiro2002 »

66corvair*carl

Post by 66corvair*carl »

My name is Carl and I am currently restoring my corvair in Okinawa, Japan (USAF). It is a 1966 corvair PG 110hp w/ 140hp Heads and tripple webbers and MSD 6A ignition. These are pic before paint (paint in progress) and engine is currently being dialed in. I will be going for a black and white yenko theme w/ custom landau panels.
Motor
Motor
Motor
Motor
Body
Body
Body
Body
Last edited by 66corvair*carl on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

66 Corsa Convertible. 140 4speed.
Otto 20 cam.
Quick steering box out of stinger 115 or 116?
2 inch HD drop springs in front.
1 inch rear.
KYB shocks
16x7 Torque Thrust II wheels
205-55/zr16 BFGoodrich tires.
Stock interior with FM converter.

1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

dunebuggy.jpg
dunebuggy.jpg (16.74 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
Hello All. Someone (CG) keeps on me about putting this in Corvair of the Month so here we go. This is my BUNEDUGGY built from a 1964 corvair, it has a 110 with a bit of a cam, sixty over, & some carb work has been done, with Four speed and a 3.27 diff. and headers with old glasspacks (loud? yes) It is just a whole lot of fun to ride and drive off road or on road it is street legal, it will putt putt off road or around town or 85 plus on Hy. although it gets a little lite at that speed and when taking off hard, I did weld 2 2&1/2 pieces of railroad track in the front to hold it down a little. I dont know for sure what kind of body it is but the most (about 75%) of it I hand built and painted with Sikkens I made and mixed the paint myself,(one of a knid color) base coat clear coat, body has a flip forward front to access the gas filler and a little storage, has a square tube frame with 1/8in. metal floor with 3in. six legged roll cage that goes to the frame, it also flips up on the back for easy engine access, the panel in front of the w/s will unbolt for access to back of dash, all suspenition is 64 corvair with the cross leaf spring and it wont even roll over, Ive had it on hill sides doing donuts. It does seat 4 but the back two better be small, also has a oak dash and oak door panels with armrest ( even though it dont have doors ) the wheels and tires in pic. are not on it now I had some old school slotted mags powder coated gloss black, skinny A78-13s in front and some meat in back G60-14s all 4 lug. Has 3 point front seat belts and lap belts in back and like I said it is a blast to drive and yes it turns heads everywhere I go. So here it is and I dont know if a dunebuggy has ever won but it would be great to be win, so vote vote vote and THANK YOU so much. OH I forgot to say that is not a missprint I do call it my BUNEDUGGY my Dad called it that one day and it stuck. LOL Remember VOTE VOTE VOTE and THANKS again. Jimbo
natewolfe

Post by natewolfe »

New to this forum but here is my car. It's a 65 corsa 180 that I have had for 6 years now and have stripped it down to bare metal, fixed the minor rust issues with the body painted satin black, and rebuilt the entire front and rear suspensions. It has HD springs front and rear, cut one coil with adjustable shocks, quick steer arms, adjustable rear strut rods, telescopic column. I also rebuilt the brake system with new hoses, wheel cylinders, pads, and dual master cylinder. The engine and transaxle were rebuilt prior to me purchasing the car but I have done a lot to the engine since then. It was totally stock when I got besides electronic ignition. I have had all the sheet metal parts and many other parts for the car powder coated satin black, textured black, or super chrome. I replaced the carter YH with a weber 40dcoe that has a progressive secondary conversion. I had all my exhaust parts ceramic coated, and the turbo is modified with a b flow exhaust turbine and exhaust housing from a 64. I also installed an electric fuel pump, 80 amp internally regulated alternator, high pressure water/methanol injection system, safeguard timing control, wideband o2 sensor and AFR guage for easy tuning, aftermarket boost and oil pressure gauges. This thing rocks with the weber but I plan on installing a waste gate since I can get over 15 psi no problem which is getting into the danger zone. I will install that when I put the new heads I'm having built in - 95 hp heads with larger valves, 140 exhaust tubes and manifolds, deep seats, ceramic coated chambers, valve faces, and exhaust ports. I want this thing to be as bulletproof as possible. Interior has new vinyl, carpet, door panels, cd player, 6x9's in the rear, slim sub under the driver's seat. Also sports a set of 17" foose wheels, euro style clear headlight lenses with HIDs in the low beams, clear turn signals, tinted windows, and an aftermarket front air dam.
Attachments
IMAG0789-1.jpg
IMAG0740-1.jpg
IMAG0740-1.jpg (36.95 KiB) Viewed 5937 times
IMAG1166.jpg
Nate Wolfe
Portland, OR
65 corsa 180
pervair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by pervair »

You asked for an FC? Hers my 64 Rampy 140 4 speed.
Attachments
first show
first show
CLCS 001.jpg (189.48 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
Perry Beggs
Lake Elsinore
crowncorvair

Post by crowncorvair »

Hi
My buggy is a replica of the Thomas Crown Buggy driven by Steve McQueen.
The buggy is a Manx replica body modified extensively - with recessed headlamps. Boat type screen, extended side panels, Rear deck and a very strong rear bulkhead. There is also a completely new dash board arrangement. The wheels are Torq Thrusts.
Every part has been specially made - even the Steering wheel.
The engine was built by Refee - is over bored and fitted with a reverse rotation cam and distributor drive. The exhaust pipes were supplied by Mike McCrae and the Crown type silencer specially made.
Quick and lots of fun
Martin
Corvairdunebuggy.com
Attachments
IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_2130.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG
Last edited by crowncorvair on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
oil4kids

Post by oil4kids »

Manx Chassis built Meyers Manx Dune Buggy, with a 180 HP Corvair Turbo Powered engine with close ratioVW race swing axle 4 speed race transmission, the entire body is surrounded by a 6 point roll This was completed in 2011 and is all new, Has Corvair factory turbo gauges (flipped upside down)and a am fm cassette cb, street legal and registered as a 65 VW with vin number on new chassis, VW ball joint front end, very very fast but 10x stronger then your typical Dune buggy on a vw chassis. This was built to run Pikes peak and has complete nascar surround type roll bar chassis. Corvair engine has been rebuilt and has roller rockers, new high ratio turbo, deep oil pan and extra capacity amsoil oil filters, offy valve covers, 4 wheel disc brakes, rally rims, new goodrich tires, everything works, lights horn brakes, LED brakelights, 4 way flashers, has modified V8 porsche starter for faster starts, front bucket seats are adjustable and have 4 point seat belts. has passed inspection and is all street legal. Its also available.
Attachments
mydunebuggy.jpg
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Oh wow!! I'm lovin' it!!!
pervair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by pervair »

Thanks for the kind words. Heres a few more pics of the 64 Rampy. I bought it as is on E Bay. Its a blast to drive and gets lots of attention.
Attachments
Garage
Garage
Rampy 010.jpg
Rampy 006.jpg
First L E cruise night
First L E cruise night
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tongue: ::-):

:not worthy:
So many great entries! I feel like the proverbial "kid in a candy store" with so many great choices, but alas, only able to choose one! :dontknow: :doh:

:sad5: I only regret that I have but one vote to give for my [Corvair] hobby... at least in January!!

Voting should start soon...

:pray: May the best 'vair win! :pray:

:LMs rule: :EMs Rule: Love it
:hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
TweetieBird

Post by TweetieBird »

I know who I'm voting for! :clap:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

damm nice line of cars, like the dune buggy's as well :-)
mmmh difficult to choose .....

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”