Corvair of the Year 2012

1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show.
1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year.
All entrants in these contests have won Corvair of the Month during the current calendar year.
In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum.

Vote for Corvair of the Year 2012

Poll ended at Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

JANUARY - 1965 MONZA COUPE: CRAZY GEORGE HERTLEIN
24%
FEBRUARY - 1965 CORSA CONV 180: JON & CHRISTINE BUCK
2%
MARCH - 1960 700 COUPE: ROBERT JENNINGS
15%
APRIL - 1965 MONZA 95: ED BARTLETT
4%
MAY - 1965 MONZA COUPE 140: JASON CARNS
8%
JUNE - 1961 LAKEWOOD: RALF VERHEES
21%
JULY - 1960 700 COUPE: CYNTHA KOREC
5%
AUGUST - 1966 CORSA CONV: BRAD BODIE
9%
SEPTEMBER - 1965 CORSA COUPE 140: NORM WITTE
7%
OCTOBER - 1965 MONZA COUPE 110: REIDMIER
3%

Total votes: 95

jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Corvair of the Year 2012

Post by jennirw »

Time to vote for Corvair of the YEAR 2012

The Sponsor is
Parts and service, in the Heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice

The winner will get a $20.00 Gift Certificate from Rafee Corvair.

AND a hand painted piece of artwork from Maine generously donated by our friend Crazy George Hertlein
Saw
Saw
coty%20sticker.png
JANUARY
JANUARY
FEBRUARY
FEBRUARY
MARCH
MARCH
APRIL
APRIL
MAY
MAY
JUNE
JUNE
JULY
JULY
AUGUST
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
OCTOBER
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
cvair4life

Re: Corvair of the Year 2012

Post by cvair4life »

This years calendar is gonna whoop ass :)
1966 Corsa Coupe
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

Come on, one vote. Please vote for me!!
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

CLose CLose , need more votes :-) !!
May the best corvair win !!
ncwitte
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by ncwitte »

I'm definitely voting for the Corvair.
Norm Witte
Lansing, Michigan
'65 Corsas: 140 coupe and 180 convertible
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4208
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

I'm partial to the blue LMs... sorry, Crazy...
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

No love from a local club member!! People like to hate me.
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Calendar artwork all done through November... let's see which Corvair will finish the Calendar :not worthy:
Attachments
November
November
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

on our way to bronze close to silver !!! :-)
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: :wave: :wave: What a awsome selection , back from my :assault: Moose hunt :rafman: and another down in the freezer. :wave: Cant believe how fast this year has gone by.. I was email a message , who reminded me ,,,, You guys have some beautiful cars. I hope the winner enjoys that nice piece of art work. :pray: Your all winners...good luck you all...really awsome photo shoot for this year.....be back later...p.s. flatsix, I now have eleven in the corral out back.... Crazy George :clap: :rolling: :tu: :tu:
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Have you ever considered revising the Corvair of the Year program to divide it into two divisions? One set of votes for Late Model, and one set for Early Model Corvairs? It is a natural division within the ranks of Corvairs, since the styling and features are quite different. I'm sure that some of the votes posted are on a basis of enthusiasm for Late Model or Early Model Corvairs, while others judge on a basis of overall appearance, customized features, and restoration quality and appearance. Do we want the Corvair of the Year competition to be a vote on the EM vs. LM debate, or on the beauty, finish and presentation of each car? Perhaps two divisions would eliminate the EM vs. LM component, and would permit the best of both Corvair versions to be presented in the final two pages of the 12-month calendar.

So far, out of a total of 39 votes cast, the majority of the votes (21) have been cast for LM Corvairs. But these votes are divided between seven LM cars. The remaining 18 votes are divided only among three EM Corvairs, so an EM is winning the overall Corvair of the Year competition.

39 Votes cast, as of November 14.
21 for 7 LM Contestants
18 for 3 EM Contestants
Last edited by bbodie52 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

Would you be suggesting, to break out late and early for just the corvair of the year but keep the months as is??? I see that it could affect the calender on how its to be printed.......Its not a bad thought but the higher heads would need to consider that I would think... That early group is a tight and they do have some tough rides, but I have both and leaned more for lates, CG
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

bbodie52 wrote:Have you ever considered revising the Corvair of the Year program to divide it into two divisions? One set of votes for Late Model, and one set for Early Model Corvairs? It is a natural division within the ranks of Corvairs, since the styling and features are quite different. I'm sure that some of the votes posted are on a basis of enthusiasm for Late Model or Early Model Corvairs, while others judge on a basis of overall appearance, customized features, and restoration quality and appearance. Do we want the Corvair of the year competition to be a vote on the EM vs. LM debate, or on the beauty, finish and presentation of each car? Perhaps two divisions would eliminate the EM vs. LM component, and would permit the best of both Corvair versions to be presented in the final two pages of the 12-month calendar.

So far, out of a total of 39 votes cast, the majority of the votes (21) have been cast for LM Corvairs. But these votes are divided between seven LM cars. The remaining 18 votes are divided only among three EM Corvairs, so an EM is winning the overall Corvair of the Year competition.

39 Votes cast, as of November 14.
21 for 7 LM Contestants
18 for 3 EM Contestants
I cannot do it for this year I already have a car for November.
I like the idea, but what do we do for the FC crowd?
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I know... I was thinking of all of the possible variations when I wrote my original comment. Should we have a special category for utility vehicles (vans, Greenbriers, and rampsides)? The 1960 caveman and the Lakewood station wagon already fits well within the EM group, and convertibles, coupes, and sedans are distinctive, but also fit well within their respective EM and LM groupings. But the styling difference and rear suspension change sets up a unique distinction between EM and LM Corvairs. I love them both, and would like to see both categories each have full consideration from all who vote, with a winner chosen in each category. I would prefer to filter out and remove the friendly animosity, which is already covered elsewhere in the Corvair Forum under The Famous LM vs EM Debate (just for fun), from the Corvair of the Year competition. I tried to compare this idea with beauty contests, the Academy Awards, the Olympics and other sporting competitions, vehicle racing, etc. Many of these types of competitions also divide awards into natural categories or groups. They also spell out judging guidelines in an attempt to encourage judges to consistently consider specific characteristics to help "cover all the bases" when making a choice.

I'm just trying to encourage more interest, participation and thought in this program. I like the concept, but would like to offer some ideas to refine it a bit. This year is already locked in, but perhaps in future years? The resulting calendars are nice, and the more participation there is, the more meaningful the outcome. As for the monthly competitions, should they also have two or three classes, or categories? Perhaps so. It would not only eliminate the EM vs. LM component, but would give owners of the truck series -- the Corvair 95s and Greenbriers -- their own category where they could compete among similar Corvair engine-based utility vehicles and not with the sportier and better-handling coupes, convertibles, station wagons and sedans.
:USA: :emfront: :chevy: :fc front: :checkeredflag:

:LMs rule: :EMs Rule: Love it
Brad Bodie
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Corvair.crazy wrote:No love from a local club member!! People like to hate me.
No hate dude, just love blue LMs more. It's the same color as my long-lost 68.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Fitting three divisions into a 12-month calender format does present a problem. I suppose you could do it mathematically, by implementing a "Corvair of the Quarter" format, as follows:

CORVAIR OF THE QUARTER COMPETITION a proposal ::-):

1. Late Model (LM) - 1965-1969: January/April/July Contests

2. Early Model (EM) - 1960-1964: February/May/August Contests

3. Forward Control (FC) Vans - Corvair 95/Greenbrier: March/June/September Contests

LM/EM/FC Results presented on the last three pages of the Calendar following a Corvair of the Year vote (in October) with voters choosing one from each category, or group. Allows time for last quarter voting decisions and development/design of the calendar in time for release for suitable Christmas giving and New Year's Day posting!

Of course, this formula does exclude airplanes, motorcycles, trikes, dune buggies, boats, interplanetary space vehicles, and other Corvair-powered categories, but I think we need to limit things to vehicle formats that were originally produced and manufactured by General Motors. Or perhaps something in a Mayan Calendar? :dontknow: ::-): :think: :rolling:

NOTE: This solution has the potential of TRIPLING Corvair of the Year (COTY) front license plate sales!
Brad Bodie

Return to “Corvair of the Year Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”