slammed corvan95 on air

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
cfishe5

slammed corvan95 on air

Post by cfishe5 »

Well its been a year or more since ive posted on here. but i wanted to show the progress that ive been doing very slowly. im bouncing back and forth with my 46 ford as well. ive raised the entire rear up 9ins. and air bagged the rear using my own set up to have almost no bad camber when fully laid out. yes it does lay frame! cant get any lower than this! the front is also my own bag set up dropping the bottom arm cups an in. to let the bag sit in it at a lower position. tires have to be a 185/55/14 in order to lay out like this.i cut the front wheel wells out and im going to only need to raise them 2inches to have full clearance. im fabricating a bay window VW bus shifter and linkage(floor mounted) due to the orig. funky crap wont work! The shift linkage now sits above the vans floor 3inches so im making a tunnel that will cover it up running down the middle. ill post more later as i keep going.
Attachments
corvan.jpg
corvan2.jpg
PHX65CorsaHT

Re: slammed corvan95 on air

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

That's an easy entry vehicle!
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
cfishe5

Post by cfishe5 »

Funny we have some of the same cars...we have a 95 4 runner and a 66C-10 PU!......you still have your burb?
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Saaaa-wheat!
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Cool :-) i liek it, have you any pictures from the mechanic/airbags contruction must be great !

Hope you post more pictures good luck thanks for sharing !
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hello, As a 8door owner myself I have to say SWEEEEEEET, I like it a lot. Maybe you could post some
pics. of just how you did it. Again I like it.
And if you need any parts or doors let me know. GOOD JOB. Jimbo :tu: :coolphotos:
PHX65CorsaHT

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

cfish, no i sold the burb you can see it on the "what other rides do own" thread. My 96 4Run is an offroad edition Supercharged, 240hp, transcooler, elec rear locker, etc. Fun to throw around on trails and could burn the tires off if so desired!
Love clearwater...swam with the manatess like 20 years ago! Make it out to the sonoran desert and I'll give ya tour of the trails. Must be a lot of fab on the vair van! :tu:
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
cfishe5

Post by cfishe5 »

Jimbo wrote:Hello, As a 8door owner myself I have to say SWEEEEEEET, I like it a lot. Maybe you could post some
pics. of just how you did it. Again I like it.
And if you need any parts or doors let me know. GOOD JOB. Jimbo :tu: :coolphotos:

Yes I need 2 doors for rear cargos...unless I weld these windows up, which I don't want to! Lol what do ya have?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I sent you an email, call me. Jimbo
cfishe5

Post by cfishe5 »

Jimbo wrote:I sent you an email, call me. Jimbo
Never got it? My email is cfishe5@yahoo.com
DRTDEVL

Post by DRTDEVL »

This is similar to the thought process I have had for my 8-door, but not as low.

I really need to get mine roadworthy as the fall camping season is quickly approaching in the desert.

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”