What other cool cars/bikes do you have/have you had?

Humor, Politics, etc...
BowTieChill

Re: What other cool cars/bikes do you have/have you had?

Post by BowTieChill »

These are my current rides, a 70 Merc, also 70 Blazer.
I've had to many cars in the past to remember them all, everything from a 66 SS Impala vert to several Datsun 510's. My main focus in the past has been the 70-71 Cobra Torinos and 70-71 Cyclone Spoilers. The Cyclone being my all time favorite. They now go for anywhere between 30k(nice driver)to as much as 80+k(concourse). This is why I'm looking at the vair, something I can afford. ::-):

Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Love the Blazer. It'd look sweet with some large hot rod style five spokes. Not that there's anything wrong with it the way it is.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
BowTieChill

Post by BowTieChill »

Vanman wrote:Love the Blazer. It'd look sweet with some large hot rod style five spokes. Not that there's anything wrong with it the way it is.
Thanks...I've thought about the bling, but aside from the 4k it takes to get them, it opens a whole other can of worms for clearance issues in the front wheel tubs. I wanted to keep the truck very factory looking but looow. :chevy:
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

BowTieChill wrote:These are my current rides, a 70 Merc, also 70 Blazer.
I've had to many cars in the past to remember them all, everything from a 66 SS Impala vert to several Datsun 510's. My main focus in the past has been the 70-71 Cobra Torinos and 70-71 Cyclone Spoilers. The Cyclone being my all time favorite. They now go for anywhere between 30k(nice driver)to as much as 80+k(concourse). This is why I'm looking at the vair, something I can afford. ::-):
Cool rides, Bowtie. I like those model Fords/Mercs too. I dig all the cars from that whole 60's~70's NASCAR wars. A guy down the street has a '69 Torino fastback that's been sitting for about 15 years. I didn't know they were worth so much, the hipo versions, that is. Yes, corvairs are very cool looking cars and it takes a somewhat skilled hand to keep them alive and running well, plus the mileage is decent. 510's used to be huge out here in CA when I was a teenager, now you only see them once in a while. I saw a street-driven 510 at the drag strip with a turbocharged rotary engine. His license plate frame read: "powered by 13 bees and a hairdryer" if you understand that........
TexasUK
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TexasUK »

This is what I swapped for the corvair

TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Vanman wrote:I cant believe this thread is still going, started 2 years ago. lol

Heres a few of my bikes, I have a few more but no pics. What I dont have pics of are a Monark rat bike, and a couple '70s Schwinns ones a red girls bike 3spd internall shift a very nice ride, and a guys green 5spd, I got those two for free and they ride to nice to give up. We also have all our modern bikes we ride as well. lol.

Skip tooth Columbia as was when I bought it. '47 or '48? Badge ran from '47-'60. Cant read the sr#.

Spitfire Im not sure what Im doing with.

AMF convertible I picked up for my 6yr old. We went through it and did a tune up on it together had a blast and he realy got into working on it. Have since put 20'' pnuematic tires and rims on it.

And my motorized Riverside, a blast to ride.

Like I said theyre addictive.
COOL NICE BIKES like them a lot, the motorized bike is a cool one, the others are classic :-) thanks for sharing
PHX65CorsaHT

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

Nice Blazer bowtie. So much cool stuff out there. I'll add my 72 "steel sled" suburban. No longer own but it was a sweet truck.
Super comfortable later model front bench with fold down center. A/C. Rode like a dream.
Attachments
LostFile_JPG_31216272.JPG
LostFile_JPG_31295992.JPG
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

COOL colours :-) of that sub !!
BowTieChill

Post by BowTieChill »

Oh that's nice PHX, I wouldn't mind getting one of those some day. I'd have to airbag the suspension though ::-): Yours looks great...
PHX65CorsaHT

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

Thanks. Love all suburbans (and pickups 64-72). Highly recommend. More than one of these have been bagged. Mine had rebuilt front end, new springs, and shocks all around. Best feature: custom 42 gallon gas tank. Close to 600 miles on a tank. It hurt when gas was over $4 a gallon but nice non the less.
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

PHX65CorsaHT wrote: Close to 600 miles on a tank. It hurt when gas was over $4 a gallon but nice non the less.
Thats why we drive small cars over here in the Netherlands, gas is:

euro95 (regular gas) 1.813 for a liter

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liter

3.78541178 x 1.813 = 6.862 euro

6.862 euro = 8.40 dollar

sow the price at the gas station = 8.40 dollar

(not funny to drive big usa cars, thats why it is mainly our hobby car for trips, not for daily use)

SO ENJOY YOURE LOW GAS PRICES !!!! hahahaha or send some over ;-)
hrm2k

Post by hrm2k »

Not my daily driver but rather my weekend hell raiser sort of. This was taken at a show in York Springs PA after a HUGE thunderstorm.

Vanman

Post by Vanman »

TikiRalf wrote: COOL NICE BIKES like them a lot, the motorized bike is a cool one, the others are classic :-) thanks for sharing

Thanks, we enjoy em a ton, I realy have minimal money invested in the older ones, I look for good deals. Wish I could afford to do a bike like yours and do the car thing as well. But for now, like you the bikes are dead in the water as far as money being spent on em. At least we have em to enjoy.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

hrm2k wrote:Not my daily driver but rather my weekend hell raiser sort of. This was taken at a show in York Springs PA after a HUGE thunderstorm.

Oh baby! Thats plain awesome. love it.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
BowTieChill

Post by BowTieChill »

hrm2k, you need to bring that down to Fredericksburg Va on Oct 13 for the Karb Kings Rat show. It's a good time for all, on site camping if you so desire, cruise the night before, and a mini show the day after. People from all over attend, MD, WV, NC, PA, come on down...Oh, and Corvairs are welcome too ::-):
hrm2k

Post by hrm2k »

don't do any of the Karb Kings shows............it is not a rat rod...but thanks for the invite

Return to “Off Topic”