member of the month...

Humor, Politics, etc...
PHX65CorsaHT

member of the month...

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

Just throwing it out there. Id say its neck and neck between ray "grymm" and Kevin "unsafe"! Both have been consistent help to the community...well done and thanks! :tu:
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
Trip

Re: member of the month...

Post by Trip »

Thanks for the kind words =) I've been asking tons of questions in the Corvair community for probably 7 years now, it's time for me to start giving back now that I'm able.

I've got lot's of first hand experience working on nearly every aspect of Corvairs from the amateur perspective, and I've become somewhat obsessed with Corvair history and purchased nearly every book on the subject I could find.

Again, thanks!
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Well I didn't do worth a dang in the Corvair of the month contest so I'll graciously accept a nomination for member of the month ::-):

Just don't ask me anything about early models :banghead:

At about 14 years old with my Yamaha twin 100 in the background at Lake Havasu in So Cal around 1969 when I still had some hair .
PICT0091-1.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:clap: Hi ya Kevin, Gyrmms. You both should be thank :tu: as well as others. Dang Kevin :dontknow: , You did much better this month playing the game. :think: But if there is a member of the month started, I would like to be the first to NOMINATE KEVIN WILSON for the MEMBER OF THE MONTH :LMs rule: Your still the only UNSAFE , do I hear a second out there. Than someone needs to nominate Gyrmms , I feel a snowy day today, a little early to start another Fosters. You guys must be feeling the love out here? :neener: CG
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Kevin has always been a true asset to the Corvair Community. :)
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
Trip

Post by Trip »

4carbcorvair wrote:Kevin has always been a true asset to the Corvair Community. :)
I'm pretty dedicated to the Corvair hobby but I don't think you'd catch me working on a Corvair in a tent up in Alaska........ THAT is dedication!
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
64vert
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 64vert »

unsafe and grymm are great examples of our community. huge assets to the corvair community! what's great about unsafe and grymm (and everyone else on this site for that matter) is they're willing to help...not once do ya get.. "did ya search that ", no smartass bs, noone trying to make ya feel stupid for not knowing, (give ya one guess who im talkin about GGGG) they just give ya the best answer they can. and it's vairy much appreciated!
i'ld like to nominate az dave and scott howey . both are huge assets to the corvair community (and this site) as well.
omaha, ne
corvair midwest
CORSA
PHX65CorsaHT

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

I second Scott and az Dave nominations. Great help as well. Still hope to run I.to az Dave here in phoenix at an event sometime.
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
64vert
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 64vert »

any other nominations...tons of superstars on this site...
omaha, ne
corvair midwest
CORSA
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:doh: :dontknow: SO WE HAVE THESE GUYS ON THE RADAR,,, HOW DO WE HONOR THESE SUPER ASSETS OF THE FORUM ??????? CG :clap: Any ideas anyone ?
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Okay, Crazy.....George that is.....I hereby nominate YOU!! That's was a genuine and neighborly warm and kind act you did for ol' Ed and his "fire :angry: engine red" ::-): EM convertible, sending out that CARE PACKAGE chock full of goodies! Good man! Way to go, CG!

Hip Hip, hurrrayyyy!! :clap:
wingnutandme
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by wingnutandme »

Definitely second that nomination. Above and beyond.
61 Rampside
Ultra Van #328
CORSA, Corvanatics, UVMCC, VCE
Corvanatics Secretary/Treasurer/Newsletter Editor
UVMCC Newsletter Editor
Cosworth & a Vega Kammback
80 TR7 Vert
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

HOW DO WE HONOR THESE SUPER ASSETS OF THE FORUM ??????? CG Any ideas anyone ?
A few suggestions - in no particular order - :cool:
Attachments
gas coupon.jpg
s9_hand.png
wj8874.jpg
77.jpg
77.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 487 times
dolores%20moran2.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Chicago Guy

Post by Chicago Guy »

Boy, this is gonna be tougher than the corvair of the month voting. All these guys are super and it's hard to vote for
just one, all have added alot to the forum. :dontknow:

:helpsos: We need 6 votes for each member, I can't vote for just one of these guys. :banghead:

Gene
64 Spyder Coupe
63 Pont SD 421
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

First: Kevin , I am still laughing , you are to much !! Second: Flat6 and wingnutandme , thanks for the thought , There is just something about this kid that is really in need of help and his story is real and sad. Were not rich but well off and I have been on the phone just a bit ago and just about each day with ED. His car catching fire , barely has basic tools , no knowledge but a strong will to learn and hopefully crave that passion we have. Alot of us are ageing and this young man just caught my heart. Raffee and Marie were very helpful and yeah I have a little bill, thats ok. I just was talking to Marty Katz in Vegas and he is going to send a 1964 sub manual and engine wire harness. ED did a pretty good job cleaning up today . Ed said earlier that he would like to keep an alternator so I have one stock one and external voltage reg around , I will get the alt check before I send it . ED also has no spare , cant help there , no Jack , I have plenty of sissor jacks. I think I will send him two. Ed real source of help is this Corvair Forum , Thats Us . ED needs the hand for doing most by forum and via phone . So he is winging along pretty good. At one point some one else will have to jump. I also have a recipe for home laundry soap to help cut his bills some. two gal. home made .75 cent. I am not giving him the home made wine recipes . Third: No , there are far more worthy people than me by far. I have alot a volenteer back ground among the many things I do and have done. No , this forum has given me life and some purpose to my passion. Just giving back , Thanks guys. Crazy George :not worthy: :checkeredflag:
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Wow - after hearing what Crazy George did for CorvairEd I thought I'd vote for George instead of myself --------

But then I got to thinkin bout it and thought maybe CorvairEd should be "Member of the Month" for his perseverence thru what many woulda called it quits on !

I nominate Ed :rafman:
Attachments
girl old bw mechanics.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska

Return to “Off Topic”