Old, New Member

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
edkedk

Old, New Member

Post by edkedk »

I bought a brand new Corvair, Spyder, convertable when they first came out in 1962. Only problems I ever had was original US Royal Tires kept blowing out, (I think I lost 3 within 5000 miles), and periodic engine engine oil leaks that got permanently fixed by a mechanic in Phoenix. I ran it until 1969, about 120,000 miles, and had a hard time selling it after Nader's BS. I got rid of it for, I think, 1 or 2 hundred dollars. I wish I had never sold it. Glad to be a new member.
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Old, New Member

Post by Crazy George »

: :assault: What are you talking about old? : :guitar: Lets get you back into another youth maker (CORVAIR), are we looking for one now again? :think: I am 58 young :clap: and the passion never leaves. :clap: I bet you wish you still had that 62. :think: I have always owned late models till recently fining a 62 ramp & 64 greenbrier here in Maine. My white trailer queen 65 got Jan 2012 corvair of the month. She is not the fastest, but purty. Brings me back to my Dad, we never had anything this nice. So tell us maybe your plans !!! WELCOME TO THE CORVAIR FORUM FROM MAINE. :welcome2: Great people and alot of smarts as well as fun : cRaZY gEOrGE : :rolling: :
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Welcome edkedk! Wow!! You bought a brand-new '62 Spyder!?!! How cool!! I can only imagine how much buzz was created surrounding the new turbocharger option, on top of all the other innovations corvairs had back then. Well, so are you a new owner again of a 'vair or are you going to be shopping for one?......or just hanging out? Either way, glad to have you around!

BTW, I shudder to think of how many really nice corvairs went to the junk pile just because of the "unsafe" label that was attached to them.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
edkedk

Post by edkedk »

I definitely wish I had kept the '62, but life goes on. These days I'm into rebuilding old and rejected Lawn and Garden Tractors. Keeps my old hands busy and out of trouble.

Return to “Introductions”