BMW power heated seats with lumbar installed!

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
N8

BMW power heated seats with lumbar installed!

Post by N8 »

Link to Photos because my attempt to imbed them failed:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6YsVBQfbxjeRfZLR7

So excited that this worked. Seats were a facebook find from a 2011 BMW 1 series coupe so they fold forward for back seat access. The car feels so much bigger with this seat which I wanted to do it because my head brushed the ceiling with the stock one. When adjusted all the way down the car feels roomy! 2 bolt holes lined up and 2 offset pieces needed to be made from bar stock to bolt it in. I can take photos of the passenger seat install process and post those if anyone is interested. Figuring out the wiring was the most stressful part. Installed a relay fuse box wired to power the seats when the key is in the on position. The seat heater switch was installed on the seat and is just on/off with no thermostat wire. Next I need to figure out mounting 3 point seatbelts, but that shouldn't be too bad.
American Mel

Re: BMW power heated seats with lumbar installed!

Post by American Mel »

Nice. :tu:
I have some BMW Series 3 seats in my '66 and absolutely love them.
Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Below are some Corel PaintShop Pro edited pictures, enhanced with Microsoft PowerPoint. The pictures were uploaded to the Corvair Forum using the Attachments Tab / Add Files feature at the bottom of the Corvair Forum editor. (Depending on the original image size, these images can be enlarged for detailed viewing by left-clicking each image once (large) or twice (maximum enlargement) to enlarge them for detailed viewing).

EM Spyder Interior with BMW Power Heated Seats (1).jpg
EM Spyder Interior with BMW Power Heated Seats (2).jpg
EM Spyder Interior with BMW Power Heated Seats (3).jpg
EM Spyder Interior with BMW Power Heated Seats (4).jpg
EM Spyder Interior with BMW Power Heated Seats (6).jpg

The other method for posting your photos is to Right Click the image displayed on a public Internet website, such as Facebook or Google Photos, and select COPY IMAGE ADDRESS on the menu. Then return to the Corvair Forum editor and paste the resulting image URL address bracketed within the INSERT IMAGE markers provided within the Corvair Forum editor menu buttons at the top of the editor, (I added a period in the example below to disable the embedded image action so you could see the text format that would have been embedded within the post after the letters "img". Your two original pictures are then displayed using your uploaded image individual URL address from the other website. The Corvair Forum software then grabs the each image hosted on the other Web page (using its unique URL address) to display that image on the Corvair Forum. Each image embedded in this manner will continue to display properly on the Corvair Forum as long as the original uploaded image continues to be publicly posted and displayed on the host website (In this case hosted on Google Photos).
GOOGLE PHOTOS

"[img.]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AP ... authuser=0[/img]

:clap: :not worthy: I like those seats in your Corvair. I may have to try to find some appropriate BMW seats for my 1966 Corsa! Did you have much trouble and expense finding appropriate BMW seats for your Corvair? :dontknow:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
County98

Post by County98 »

I had a set like that, put the non-powered versions. I even test fitted them in the car and they are great! Mine were sitting too long and getting deteriorated, so sold them to another member. Nice flat tracks on the bottom though, and having an up/down function was nice. My new seats don't.

Great job!
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
N8

Post by N8 »

Both seats are in!

Here is a video on the wiring if anyone is interested:

I ended up putting a relay/fusebox in the back with the seats and heaters relays wired to the ACC fuse.

Next up is 3 point seatbelts.
chris

Post by chris »

Nice work, I always like reading about different seat options!
toms73novass

Post by toms73novass »

Nice job on seats. I am not a fan of the originals feel like I am on one of those work out balls. I need something with support for taking the turns!
1962 700 Wagon
1963 Spyder convertable
1965 Monza
1967 UltraVan 211
N8

Post by N8 »

The seats are very comfortable, and I'm so happy with how they turned out. Facebook marketplace in my area (Chicago) has BMW front seats in good condition under $200 surprisingly often. I saw some Miata seats with built in speakers that I was tempted by also.

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”