CORSA BOD playing games on the CCF?

Anything Corvair related
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

CORSA BOD playing games on the CCF?

Post by davemotohead »

Yesterday on the Corsa CCF forum I posted about the lack of interest and views on my post about running for Western Director, suddenly tonight the view counter jumped to 1712 views! A increase of 1414 views instantly! Seems these guys are playing games? Here is what I posted in response on the CCF:

by davemotohead » 19 May 2024, 23:12
Funny this post had 293 views yesterday and I posted how there was a lack of interest in this post and suddenly it jumped to 1712 views in the last hour! So, it suddenly gained 1414 views? I call BS on the BOD here! Is this the same way you will be counting the votes? :roll:

So what kind of BS is this? Makes me wonder?
Last edited by davemotohead on Mon May 20, 2024 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lane66Monza

Re: CORSA BOD playing games and I caught them!

Post by Lane66Monza »

Wow, Just Wow. Makes me wonder also.

That deviation of views only comes the current leadership of corsa and the ccf administration. yes i meant to not use caps. they are proving how small they are to pull underhanded tricks to hamper their competitors (foes). Computer info can be manipulated by the masters of the site.

Just another nail in the coffin of corsa and ccf. I hope they don't continue down this path, but what hope do us members have now. Just 13 months left on my membership and little hope of renewing with each negative trick and act they do.

Every one keep reporting any negative or customer relation you have with corsa or ccf here. It is the only way the membership of the corsa and ccf will know what is going on. Any positive customer suupport above and beyond the normal of the past year would be nice to know also.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
jimbrandberg

Re: CORSA BOD playing games and I caught them!

Post by jimbrandberg »

I posted a follow-up over there wondering who the moderators are. I only know of Matt and Alec who have been helpful to me, a barely computer literate fossil. I know some moderators were let go.
I like that there is a CORSA and I hope it can get straightened out. I have done my part by voting for Jack Green in Central Division.
Jim Brandberg
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Allan Lacki

Re: CORSA BOD playing games on the CCF?

Post by Allan Lacki »

I'm a member of the CORSA board of directors. I can't believe anybody on the CORSA board would be inclined to falsify the number of hits on any post. What would that accomplish? Al
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Allan Lacki wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:20 pm I'm a member of the CORSA board of directors. I can't believe anybody on the CORSA board would be inclined to falsify the number of hits on any post. What would that accomplish? Al
It is well known the new forum has had some "bugs". Also the "hits" are views requested, NOT the number of people who viewed. BOTS can do this or someone's computer with malware on it.

Interesting how this has been presented as some "conspiracy" with little evidence of anyone doing it deliberately. A sign of the times in the U.S.A. Very sad.
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

That post gained 1510 views since yesterday! I posted it on May 14th, on May 17th I replied to it saying I was surprised in the lack of interests in the post? 3 people replied to it on May 18th and it was at 293 Views and 10 replies and 2 of the replies are mine.

Suddenly it went from 293 views to 1803 views gaining 1510 views in basically one day but no replies? For Comparison the same post on this forum that was posted the same time and day was 474 views ahead a day ago and has 767 views with 24 replies as of right now!

Heck that post on the CCF has now suddenly gained the most views of any post in the shortest time span of almost any post on the site! It even surpassed the Timothy's Shortle RIP post that was posted 3 weeks earlier and has 45 replies.

Math is a simple thing and those numbers just don't add up, either there is a BOT out there that really likes only that post or there was a glitch in the system that only affected that post or I have suddenly gained massive popularity! :rolling:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
66vairguy, there have been a few things going on the CCF site that were not a conspiracy and were done deliberately and that is why most people abandon the site and came here.

Also, the last CORSA election was a complete debacle with clubs being accused of Ballot Harvesting (cheating) with no evidence and their votes being rejected and returned by the BOD and being told to Vote again, and then 40 +/ - Votes were tossed out by the BOD and not counted for (Unspecified Irregularities) and Jack Green lost by 12 votes! Those are FACTS!
So you want to talk about the sad state of affairs in America? Maybe start there!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If these things did not happen in CORSA last year I would not be running this year! Myself, Jack Green and Dean Gemberling are running to HELP fix these problems because we care about this organization and want to put it on the right track! Right now members are leaving and membership is dwindling. I am here to try and Help this organization and hopefully turn the negative trends around and increase membership and interest in this Club!

My question is where are the current BOD members? Only Allan Lackie seems to be responding to anything anywhere and I personally thank him for at least responding! If I am labeled a troublemaker for simply posting the truth then so be it! If what I post is not the truth then where are the BOD members to correct me? If I posted something wrong tell me? At least if I am elected the members will be informed of what's going on in the organization and I believe we can all work together to turn CORSA around, we need positive membership gains instead of losses, We need post's on social media with 85 reasons why people rejoined not 85 reasons why they won't join! I want the current BOD members to work with us!
Last edited by davemotohead on Mon May 20, 2024 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

I find it interesting that since the activity on the CCF has all but ceased to exist in the past six month's and now rarely sees a dozen topics active in any given day would suddenly see such a large amount of perceived activity, especially on one topic. :nono:

I for one, would NOT put it past ONE particular individual to manipulate whatever, whenever, and however he is able to do then deny it or twist the reality to suit his own purposes, and make every effort to get others to stand behind those actions and believe only him while playing "the Victim".
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I like to think I'm not a conspiracy buff. I asked over there for an explanation and did not receive a satisfactory reply. At least there were a few replies so it was not a total rebuff but it's along the lines of "why would someone do that?" and "it's not worth my time".
This may seem like a small thing but it was preceded by censorship, closing threads and dismissal of people who criticized. A lot of times things build up and it's a small straw that breaks the camels back.
I tried to help keep Corvair Center up mainly because I like what it used to be but I'm done over there for now. I hope my time there has been more about building up than tearing down but that's not for me to say.
I'm very happy here on the Corvair Forum. I don't do Facebook so this is my daily connection to what goes on beyond my garage walls.
I have voted in CORSA for the first time ever (29 years). I have fear of a certain BOD scenario and as luck would have it, I have 18 months to see how things pan out before deciding on membership again. I never thought I would feel this way. Even though I'm not an especially active CORSA member I have always been a booster. I did Corvairs for 26 years before joining CORSA and I reckon I could do it that way again. I am hoping it gets better.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Jim --- I was surprised that the CORSA directors are volunteers and maybe too much is being expected of volunteers. If folks want CORSA to be professional (fair, balanced, and held to standards), then they have to pay folks to run it like a professional company. I'm now sure if that is fiscally possible. I know in the past I've gotten "poor" responses from folks at CORSA, now I realize they were just unpaid volunteers and in some cases just did not have the time, knowledge, or inclination, to figure out a problem.

I've seen local clubs come and go, and comeback. It only takes a few "rabble-rousers" who are convinced their way is the "right way" to sour a club. Some of the most successful clubs are loosely run and basically just get-together sessions to talk Corvair or help someone with an issue, maybe organize a local show. It's a hobby and suppose to be fun.
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

66vairman, who cares if they are volunteers or on the CORSA payroll? Getting paid makes no difference when it comes to doing this job correctly, the people running like me know it’s a volunteer position when they sign up! You don’t get paid to work on your own car so do you purposely cut corners and do anything different than you would if you get paid? NO you do the job to the best of your ability and do it right, the same logic applies here! It’s the same amount of effort to do it wrong as it takes to do it right! How hard is it to answer a email anyways?

The numbers thing is just a unknown mystery phenomenon I guess? I am letting it go. But one thing I find funny, My post caught up to and surpassed the new forum rules that were posted December 26 2023 by 600 views in one day! :rolling:
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

It is never ok to be a snowflake dictator paid or not. It you aren't interested in doing the job right bow out and let someone else do it.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
Richard

Post by Richard »

>>-- I was surprised that the CORSA directors are volunteers and maybe too much is being expected of volunteers. If folks want CORSA to be professional (fair, balanced, and held to standards), then they have to pay folks to run it like a professional company.<<

About CORSA being a volunteer organization.

I haven't been a CORSA member for 15 years. I wasn't really fully knowledgeable about the workings of the CORSA operations and my impression hasn't improved over the years.

One of my last Communiques had the 2009 Accounting Review. They had a $200k annual budget which included $110k to a company called M&P Management. $51,300 in management fees and $57,700 in editorial fees. The editorial fees were part of the $125k for the Communique annual cost including postage.

My understanding is that M&P was 2 Corvair guys. I often got the impression while reading comments in the CCF that the volunteer BOD often butted heads with M&P.
I never understood paying 2 guys $110k out of a $200k budget.

Looking back at that 2010 Communique, Charlie Dye's multiple classifieds did more to fund the Communique than anyone. RIP
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Richard, that is why we need Jack Green, He is an expert at nonprofit organizations like CORSA and also a fantastic web page designer. Jack can get in there and take care of the business side of things and get it all straightened out! Here is a little from his bio for running in this election:

Many members tell me they expect
CORSA and its directors to hold true
to the core purpose of the organization’s mission, purpose, and perspective. They value a “Corvair First”
agenda and want input to ensure
CORSA directors stay on course with
that agenda.
Members tell me they expect
accountability and transparency.
Annually, hundreds of thousands of
dollars flow through the CORSA
treasury in the form of dues, convention proceeds, merchandise, and
advertisement. Members want access
to reports, so they know the organization is following a spending plan and
directing financial resources to areas
that enable CORSA to meet its mission.

Members expect dignity and
respect for both members and nonmembers. Unfortunately, I’ve witnessed instances where that wasn’t
done. They want CORSA directors to
be available and willing to listen to
concerns; to value their input and
genuinely work together – which I
will do

Outside the Corvair community, I
have 30-years of executive-level nonprofit experience; multimillion dollar financial experience with for-profit
and non-profit organizations; information systems management and systems integration; county government
finance and administration; resource
development; volunteer development; and customer service development.
One standout attribute I have that
is important is my working knowledge of IRS 501c regulations – highly
important to CORSA– and a new
understanding of non-profit law and
regulations for Illinois, where CORSA
is organized.
See my complete resume at
https://vulcancorvair.org/vote-jackgreen

With Jack doing the books, Dean running the forum administration and me running my mouth! How can you go wrong! :rolling: We have a well rounded team here and all of us want to Get Er Done and bring Corsa back to greatness! The June Communique came out and CORSA lost another 45 members last month! The club cannot survive long with the current drop in membership numbers.

We want to make the club a "Must Join" option for the Corvair community, and I believe we can do it but not by ourselves! We need to rally the entire Corvair community around us and get as much help from CORSA members as possible! If I get elected, I am going on a social media blitz and will explain to the masses what CORSA does, How they benefit by joining the organization and the Importance of a Member ship based attitude! Right now lots of people feel ignored by the BOD, even in 66vairmans post he said "I know in the past I've gotten "poor" responses from folks at CORSA" Well that is unacceptable to me. I will do my best and I believe Jack and Dean will as well to answer every email and question that come into the CORSA mailbox!

We need to make CORSA beholden to the members, not the members beholden to the BOD as it is now, the demise of the Corvair Center Forum is a perfect example of that problem. The current BOD made promises they did not keep, took donations based on those promises, then totally ignored the members input and wish's and just basically ran right over the top of us with no regard for our input, thoughts or feeling on anything! And look what its done!

Right now on the Unofficial CORSA Facebook page. There was announcement about holding the Convention in Cleavland in 2027? By somebody nobody knows, and already there are pissed off CORSA members from the local Cleavland clubs going at it! THIS is what needs to stop! Here is a link if anyone is interested. It gets nasty right out of the gate!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/118663409016
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

I was surprised that the CORSA directors are volunteers and maybe too much is being expected of volunteers.

???

The BoD has been volunteers since the inception of CORSA! Just where would the money EVER have come from to pay people? We just pay people to publish the magazine. It was Harry and Mike for many many years. Fortune 500 company we never were. Just a bunch of crazy Corvair people!
:tu:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

I never understood paying 2 guys $110k out of a $200k budget.

M & P, Management and Publications Services Inc, aka Harry and Mike, Harry Jensen & Mike McGowan, published a GREAT magazine for the money. Besides, what else did we need the money for? Sure, insurance payments for functions... Not like we are paying stockholders. You had two other people who wanted to work fulltime and produce a GREAT magazine for less money? They got the job by bidding their services. Please note now we have FOUR people involved in producing a smaller magazine. People who are not Corvair people, but at least GM people! :think:

Harry and Mike were CORSA members long before they were contracted to publish the magazine and run a front office.

I met Charlie Dye at the Carlisle convention. A really great guy who did not talk like his ads!
:rolling:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

snowflake dictator
Really? What are you trying to say? Dictator is the issue. It is OK to be a dictator as long as you are not a snowflake? I like snowflakes, they make skiing easier. We didn't get much snow this year. I guess I'm just a snowflake to you. But I'm not a dictator. I am a history buff and Hitler is not on my nice people to emulate list. But I guess he is OK with you, since he probably wasn't a snowflake, otherwise what's with the snowflake comment? :dontknow:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Return to “Corvair Talk”