What Model Edelbrock aircleaner for 140hp?

All Models and Years
jmcasaleiz@gmail.com

What Model Edelbrock aircleaner for 140hp?

Post by jmcasaleiz@gmail.com »

Would anyone using a 14 inch Edelbrock aircleaner on a 140 hp engine please supply which model # you have used. Any issues you might have encountered would also be helpful. Trying to decide whether to go this route or go with 4 small aircleaners. Your opinions highly valued, thank you Duke
American Mel

Re: What Model Edelbrock aircleaner for 140hp?

Post by American Mel »

jmcasaleiz@gmail.com wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 pm Would anyone using a 14 inch Edelbrock aircleaner on a 140 hp engine please supply which model # you have used. Any issues you might have encountered would also be helpful. Trying to decide whether to go this route or go with 4 small aircleaners. Your opinions highly valued, thank you Duke
Are you desiring something that "Looks Cool", or are you looking to improve performance?
The stock air-cleaner is better then those four little ones Clarks sells.
They are fairly restrictive with those little chrome hoods.
For cheap improved performance, I have seen a lot of 140 owners simply flip the lid upside down when driving the car.
When they show the car, they flip the lid back over to the correct orientation.
Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I don't know the answer but my initial thought is that the base of our air cleaner housing is so small compared to something that sits on a carburetor. Oftentimes the air cleaner itself is good but the adapter is hokey. Just a thought.
Also provision for PCV in the air cleaner as a place for vapors to go under low vacuum conditions is a good thing.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
RexJohnson

Post by RexJohnson »

I believe that the hole for are air cleaners are the same for 2 barrel and probably 1 barrels also so there should be some options out there. Of course the tops are the same no matter what the base hole size is.
RJ Tools Salem, OR
69 conv pulling a 66 trailer
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

For cheap improved performance, I have seen a lot of 140 owners simply flip the lid upside down when driving the car.

95s, 110s, 140s, and Quadrajets on 455 Buicks... Oh, I was just listing the cars I turned the lid over on.... :tu: :chevy: :tu:

I like the sound of intake air flowing... :dogrun: :dogrun: :drinkinbuddy: :drinkinbuddy: :drinkinbuddy:

And I like lots of filter surface area. :tu:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”