My plans and thoughts about running for CORSA Western Director

Anything Corvair related
66vairguy

Re: My plans and thoughts about running for CORSA Western Director

Post by 66vairguy »

Dave you are correct that more online exposure is needed. It helped expand our local club.

Yes folks in clubs that are not CORSA members could be called "free-loaders", but that attitude won't get folks to join CORSA.

When club folks were asked to join CORSA for the benefits, they asked what are those benefits. The only thing mentioned was the show insurance. Then one fellow said, "The one show I helped organize I could not get anybody from CORSA to give us the insurance company name and policy number that the municipality wanted. We had to take out our own insurance." I'm not sure why or when he had this issue, but it wasn't good to hear at a club meeting.

As for the GWFBT, that is sponsored by local clubs. Only CORSA connection I've ever heard of is advertising at the CORSA site. Feel free to correct me if I am incorrect.

Our local club looked into doing a CORSA convention and members decided the requirements and costs were excessive.
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

It's well and good to stop the trash talking. I hope CORSA can improve, I like that there is such a thing.
I've voted for Jack Green in Central Division and will try to stop saying why the other guy is not my choice.
One might think it's a modern problem with Facebook and all but we've always had trouble getting folks interested locally to join CORSA.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hi 66vairguy,

I'm surprised to hear that your local chapter had trouble getting your car show covered by CORSA's general liability insurance policy. The procedure is actually pretty easy. Call the CORSA business office and ask for a certificate of insurance. Our Executive Secretary, Paul Bergstrom, will require you to answer some basic questions. Of course, you'll have to identify the party who wants to be covered by our general liability policy.

Then, Paul will contact our insurance agent and obtain the certificate for you. At that point, you would present the certificate to the party that wants to be covered. Or perhaps our insurance agent will mail the certificate directly to that party. That party - typically the owner of the park or lot where the show will occur - will be listed as an "additional insured" on the insurance certificate.

CORSA has been doing this for its chapters for years and years. Of course, for this to work, your club needs to be a CORSA chapter, not just a general car club. I hope this makes sense.

Allan Lacki for CORSA ::-):
idiyaught

Post by idiyaught »

Is this insurance only for US chapters or will it cover outside US chapters?
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Just U.S. chapters. Maybe Canadian, too, but I'd have to re-read the policy.
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Thanks for chiming in Allan with the details, you seem to be the only one of the current Corsa BOD who is answering the questions in the public forums, this is what CORSA needs! :tu:

Can you post an entire list of the things CORSA does for the Corvair community and clubs / members? The current benefits of becoming a member?
idiyaught

Post by idiyaught »

Thanks Allen, we are in Canada, tried a few years ago to find out but no-one would give us an answer.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Just wanted to chime on about something that Dave posted on the 'other' corvair online forum. Since the changeover I have always had issues logging on. At one point my password (which was already reset once) stopped working and I finally broke down and sent an email to the administrator explaining the situation, hoping they would reset my password. Not a peep, so I am still not able to log in or post anything.

If you were wondering why people were not responding over there, that is at least one possibility.
'63 Spyder vert
Doug Ward

Post by Doug Ward »

It is refreshing to see the great, forgiving.and progressive attitude Dave Watson is sharing with us. It would be nice to hear something encouraging from Greg Vargas too.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Matt wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:46 pm Just wanted to chime on about something that Dave posted on the 'other' corvair online forum. Since the changeover I have always had issues logging on. At one point my password (which was already reset once) stopped working and I finally broke down and sent an email to the administrator explaining the situation, hoping they would reset my password. Not a peep, so I am still not able to log in or post anything.

If you were wondering why people were not responding over there, that is at least one possibility.
Thats exactly my experience...

I just tried to log in over there right now and got...

"You are not authorised to read this forum."
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

A while back I did the wiping out old cookies procedure they recommended over there if having trouble logging in.
Since I'm a computer idiot I was apprehensive about losing other things but I didn't have any problems. Some folks were concerned about their bank account logging in and such but I don't use any shortcuts for logging in anywhere anyway. It all went fine for me and no problems logging in.

I may go idle over there for a while, I'm a little bugged with the manipulation without accountability. It's a little different over there because the Corvair Center forum is wrapped up with the CORSA club that has elections and dues.
If "ignore them and they will go away" is their new game plan I can go with that. It's a good time here so it's not like I'm homeless.
I do miss a lot of the regular postings from folks way smarter than me, Steve and Regan to name just a few. I like to soak up all the knowledge I can because I only seem to retain a portion of it. Sometimes you don't know what you don't know until you see it.

I like it here. It took a day or two to get used to how to do things but that's because I'm slow. I'm happy and grateful to the folks who spend the time to make something like this possible. As such I will try to behave myself.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

If Jack Green and I get elected we are going to fix all these problems. It's not very hard to work for the members and non members alike and make everybody happy. That forum started out fantastic when us beta testers were working on it before the "Take Over" where we were suddenly all removed and everything we did was deleted. We already have the fix for it! Time to revamp CORSA and bring it into the modern world otherwise I truly believe the Club will die a slow death as its already doing by watching the member numbers decline so rapidly! Narrow minded thinking is why CORSA is shrinking.
flamingchariots

Post by flamingchariots »

davemotohead wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:48 am If Jack Green and I get elected we are going to fix all these problems. It's not very hard to work for the members and non members alike and make everybody happy. That forum started out fantastic when us beta testers were working on it before the "Take Over" where we were suddenly all removed and everything we did was deleted. We already have the fix for it! Time to revamp CORSA and bring it into the modern world otherwise I truly believe the Club will die a slow death as its already doing by watching the member numbers decline so rapidly! Narrow minded thinking is why CORSA is shrinking.

Oh, but Dave ----- CORSA is not narrow minded but broad minded..... enough to spend $2 million that they don't have on something they don't really need. But think how they will boast about it! (sarcasm)
:puke:

Kevin
Medina, OH
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

When I lived in Georgia, Heart of Georgia Corvairs encouraged but did not require CORSA membership. One thing we did was pay for the first year of a CORSA membership for new members. That way they got to try it out at no risk. It would be up to CORSA to keep them. We only charged $12 a year for membership, so we lost money on new members for the first few years just to get them exposed to CORSA.
David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible, 140/4sp
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera, 3.6L/7sp PDK

Return to “Corvair Talk”