Rampside Ramp Alignment-Bumper bushings.

Anything Corvair related
Corventure Dave

Rampside Ramp Alignment-Bumper bushings.

Post by Corventure Dave »

I just received my pair of rebuilt Rampside Ramp Alignment bumper-bushings from Steve Spilatro.
As with all the FC parts he is making, these are as close to NOS as I believe can be found.
One sends him the old bumpers. He removes the old rubber. Cleans and bead blasts the metal frame.
Then he somehow has a way of re-pouring the superior grade urethane, making a perfect show quality
replacement for this Unobtanium exclusive Rampside part. Not an easy process due to the configuration
of this bumper.
I am extremely pleased with this new bumper-bushing. The price I believe is fair for all that's needed
to make this correctly. Dainer's Rampside will be happy with the small but fine detail. Check them and
the other Fc Items Steve is making. His contact information is available on the Corvanatics forum.

Corventure Dave
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Rampside Ramp Alignment-Bumper bushings.

Post by ihscomputers »

Pictures, or it didn't happen! :pics?:
Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Webmaster

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998
1965 Monza Coupe w/63 Buick 215 V8 - Former 13-second Drag Car by Ken Arnold
SteveInMarietta

Re: Rampside Ramp Alignment-Bumper bushings.

Post by SteveInMarietta »

Thanks to Dave for the positive review.
Rampside gate latch guide.jpg
More good news. Some of the side-ramp pin guides I have received were missing the inner metal sleeve - it's the cone-shaped metal part you can see in the center of the guide. These probably fall out when the rubber gets old and brittle. Sometimes it's hard to tell its missing because the rubber gets somewhat polished. Through the wonders of 3D metal printing I can now also provide a new replacement for that sleeve. The repro sleeve has been thoroughly tested and was unfazed by repeated gate slamming. The basic restoration price is $50 per unit; the price of a replacement inner sleeve will depend upon demand and the economy of numbers. PM me with your needs.
Steve

Return to “Corvair Talk”