Problem registering for the convention

Anything Corvair related
scottymac

Problem registering for the convention

Post by scottymac »

Anyone else had problems registering for the convention? I'm not taking a car, so limited activities, total came to $229 (by my math), but the site said I owed $839!
Scott
caraholic4life

Re: Problem registering for the convention

Post by caraholic4life »

The last several times I attempted to "Register" for a CORSA Convention, I was not permitted to do so unless I was a CORSA Member.

YES, I was willing to pay the registration fees and wanted to attend the banquet, look at the Corvair's and browse through the flea market but not participate in the driving portions that were offered but again was not permitted to register.
I was even willing to pay an additional fee to cover any "Added" or Necessary Insurance costs to protect the event but, the answer was still NO!

In my Opinion, it is just Stupid for CORSA to turn away those that would like to participate and support their organization regardless of the reasons they apparently think are justified.

I let my CORSA membership lapse back in the '70's and have absolutely no desire to re-join, especially after the way things have come to light regarding many of the current BoD members running roughshod over the community and following their own personal agenda's rather than listening to the community and doing what is best for EVERYONE involved.

IF I lived on the West Coast, I would join just so I could vote AGAINST one of these BoD individuals I mentioned that is currently running for re-election. :my02:
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Scotty, did that include air-fare? :rolling: :jawdrop:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Not only that but the Corsa web page is broken as well, it basically makes it almost impossible to join the organization unless you call someone! The Capshaw is broken and sends you in a never ending loop or wont recognize when you click it to either join or recover your account! It was like this 4 months ago when I joined and still broken today! Mel just joined and had the same problem! You would think a organization that depends on new members joining for revenue to keep operating would fix the web page used for new members to sign up! Its like a business putting up their OPEN sign then locking the doors! :dontknow:
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hi ScottyMac, $839! Hmm. Did you attempt to register more than once? Maybe the software is accumulating the dollars for all the tries. Suggestion: Clear your browser history and please try again. So far, 25 people registered online and the dollars appear to be OK for them. ::-):

Hi Dave, I was under the impression that the captcha thing was fixed by our I/T guy a couple of months ago when it first cropped up. Software - Ugh! :banghead:
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Al, maybe you should check into it and see if someone can fix it this time! This was from 2 days ago in a email to me from someone trying to sign up:

Okay, I GIVE UP!
I have tried 3 times to join that stupid Org, and it just keeps cycling me back from CORSA to PayPal to CORSA, to PayPal, to CORSA to PayPal.
I still can't get in, and they had better not have charged me THREE TIMES!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You can call Paul Bergstrom, the Executive Secretary to sign up over the phone with a credit card:
DONE ! ! !
Paul was most accommodating, and I am now a card-carrying member of CORSA in good standing.
He said reports of problems are not uncommon.
Al, I would think a organization who is losing members in droves and at the lowest membership numbers (Ever I believe?) would fix the web site that lets people sign up! This problem has been going on for a while now. :dontknow:
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

"I still can't get in, and they had better not have charged me THREE TIMES!" Scotty, did you write that? If so, send an email to me and I'll look it up for you. My email address is redbat01@verizon.net. Al
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Allan Lacki wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:53 am "I still can't get in, and they had better not have charged me THREE TIMES!" Scotty, did you write that? If so, send an email to me and I'll look it up for you. My email address is redbat01@verizon.net. Al
Al, it was not Scotty, just a friend trying to join Corsa Via the Corsa web site. I have heard from others who are still having the same problem I did with the Capshaw just either spinning forever or not recognizing when you click the box, pretty tough to get more members when their own website wont let people sign up! :banghead:
MtnVairMike

Post by MtnVairMike »

I renewed about a week ago. Took three tries, first with CC didn't work.
Went with PayPal and got that thru.

Renewed until 2/25/25
1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White
1969 Monza Convertible, 110HP-PG, Frost Green, #3753
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

MtnVairMike, Thanks for the info! Jeannette & I are trying to isolate the cause of these problems before we hand it off to the I/T guy, which of course, will cost us money!
:ty:
RKF

Post by RKF »

I registered online today, with no problems.
scottymac

Post by scottymac »

Allan,
I got your e-mail today, and the bogus total appeared all three times I tried, second and third on different days. I went ahead and printed the paper form, I'll just mail the form with a check. When does early registration end? Also had a question on the model car concours. Can I bring all six '66 promo cars and pay one entry fee and have them judged as one? Scott
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hi Scotty,

Actually, I'm not aware that CORSA offers "early registration". But you can register today if you want. Registration is OPEN right now!

Online Registration: I think you can register online between now and right through convention week, but if you're participating in any of the events, please give the registration folks sufficient lead time so they can add you to the event rosters, scoring spreadsheets, etc before the event starts. My advice: Register at least a week in advance of the convention start date. The folks taking care of registration will thank you for it.

Mail-in Registration: You can register by US Postal mail using the form that's posted in the Communique.

In-Person Registration: Of course, you can register right there, in person, at the convention, right through convention week. My preference is to use in-person registration just to make changes.

Model Car Concours: According to the registration form, it's $15 per model. So, for six models, that would be $90. The registration form is actually designed that way. However, if you can present all six in one diorama, they may only charge you for one. But don't bet on it. Instead, contact Joe Darinsig. He's the chairman of the Model Concours Committee. Email address: joedarinsig@yahoo.com

::-):
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hello Again Scottymac, Whoops I made a mistake. As it turns out, there IS an early registration deadline. It is June 24. If you register before that date, you get price breaks on general admission and on the individual events! :tongue:

It says so, right on the registration form. Here is what it says:

"Early Reg." prices applicable for registrations received by 6/24

Return to “Corvair Talk”