garage art

Anything Corvair related
sparrow

garage art

Post by sparrow »

The long cold Wisconsin winters are tough, so I have been holed up in my basement reproducing old advertising signs with things I find at the local thrift shops. I use old dartboards,clocks,or anything i can find. I draw the design out and then hand paint them like a paint by numbers. My goal was to make them look weathered and old. It was 50 degrees here today, so I cleared off one wall and hung them next to where the 65 sits. My wife is very happy I didn"t hang them in the house.
059.jpg
The large gulf sign is an old card table. I'm looking for a couple more to make a shell and sinclair dino.The only one i didn"t make is the pay phone sign. It is a great way to use up all the old paint I have laying around too!
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: garage art

Post by Scott H »

Love it! :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
cnicol

Post by cnicol »

Nice work! :tu:
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)
jnels

Post by jnels »

Looks good! Hey you can't be too upset with this wi winter tho
J Nelson- Western WI (110PG in another world)
66 Corsa Turbo Coupe
61 Greenbriar
buzz1009

Post by buzz1009 »

Very nice; well researched and executed.
Gary
'65 500 cpe, 110/4
'61 Rampside, 80/4, floor leveler
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Ya nice work! :chevy: :tu:

I have a lot of old stuff on the walls, some from my Father and some from me, the AAA Road sign I found out here in the desert riding my dirt bike, Only a corner of it was sticking up in a trail and I dug it up, its amazing how pristine it is, I believe its porcelain coated. The last pic is my Brothers 32 duce soft top non convertible, it was rare but had a 455 old's with twin Quads in it, black car was a customer, the van was mine and the triple Weber motor was in my high school Corsa.
Attachments
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

I have zero open wall space inside my shop so my art hangs outdoors.
Attachments
20230220_163351.jpg
20231224_105243.jpg
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Thank you all for the kind comments. Mr.Motohead, that 65 sign would be hanging in my house. I like the AC service and general gas signs. They will be going on my to do list.

AZDave. Those cutaways are impressive. I like how you even have them lighted. I always thought about doing something similar with a dashboard and hanging it under a large window. A taillight collection would be cool too. Swap meet and flea market season will start soon, so who knows what I will bring home. I don"t know what I want, but I"ll know it when I see it!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

The Beginning of the End — 1965 Corvair.jpg
Free to Choose!.jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
2LZ

Post by 2LZ »

Garage Art? In my shop, other than the usual posters and repop signs, my favorites are my Mr. Bill, Jackalope, disco ball (what shop isn't complete without a disco ball?) of course, the two-wheeled variety of art. I don't ride them much, but they are nice to look at with an adult beverage.
Attachments
Mr Bill.jpg
Jackalope.jpg
Disco ball.jpg
BSA SF.jpg
RE 48 10_23.jpg
"Light a fire for a man, and you heat him for a day. Light a man on fire, and you heat him for the rest of his life."
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

2LZ, nice bikes you have there. Mr. Bill looks just like me after I finished my 62 coupe.Those are the exact same parts I had left over when i was done. I still don"t know where they go. The only difference is I had a lot more bottle caps! I hope this thread keeps going, I love seeing other peoples treasures. (sorry they don"t let me out much anymore.)
2LZ

Post by 2LZ »

sparrow wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:20 pm 2LZ, nice bikes you have there. Mr. Bill looks just like me after I finished my 62 coupe.Those are the exact same parts I had left over when i was done. I still don"t know where they go. The only difference is I had a lot more bottle caps! I hope this thread keeps going, I love seeing other peoples treasures. (sorry they don"t let me out much anymore.)
Thanks sparrow. Each one has a story:
Mr. Bill- A widow friend of mine made it. After her husband passed, she took a scrap from every project, that I did over a five year period for her, hot glued them all to Mr. Bill (my actual first name) and gave him to me for my 60th birthday.
Jackalope- Used to hang over my buddy's pool table. His sister gave him to me. It was the only thing left hanging in the house after he moved, so I gave him a home.
Disco ball- My X came to my old garage one day (20-some years ago) to drop off our daughter for the weekend. I had just carpeted the garage and had everything all fixed up. She says sarcastically, "Nice garage. It's only missing a disco ball." I picked this one up the next day so it would be there upon her return. It's followed me around ever since!
"Light a fire for a man, and you heat him for a day. Light a man on fire, and you heat him for the rest of his life."

Return to “Corvair Talk”