Used engine

Having trouble finding that special part you need? Post a wanted ad.
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
lisascorvair

Used engine

Post by lisascorvair »

I know this is a long shot but I figured I ask anyways I’ve got two bad cylinders on the 110 in our 66 Monza. For many reasons, I really don’t want to go the rebuild route at this point. So if anyone has a good running engine that they want to part company with, please let me know.
65Monza140

Re: Used engine

Post by 65Monza140 »

https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/pts ... 18202.html

Mark is located in Cottonwood, AZ. I bought a 140 HP with Clark full fin cylinders, top end rebuilt from him for $2500. I'm installing it next weekend in the '65 4 door factory A/C 4 speed. Hope to put the Brown EFI on it and make it my daily driver while I restore the '65 convertible 140 HP 4 spd posi-traction, (for parading the grand-daughters to the ice cream shop!)

Give him a call soon. I think he's winding down his engine rebuilding days.
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I dug out about a dozen engines lately for evaluation.
A few I just took apart for parts and scrap.
A few need extensive work but are something special like FCs.
Several tested good like in good Compression Test and sounding good on my cart with my test carburetors, etc. Two of those are 65-67 110s. They need some additional work like seals and such, maybe a fan bearing or harmonic balancer or something. I believe one needs a lifter replaced that didn't want to pump up and quiet down until adjusted almost at the bottom of its travel.
I haven't added up how much I've got in them yet. I'll start out at $600 and add on testing time and then whatever else I do. I've taken most of the shrouding off to make them easier to store and also so I can set them up for EM or LM.
It takes a fair amount of time and effort to ship them.
We can talk more in private if you'd like.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
Jim@CorvairRepair.com
Wagon Master

Post by Wagon Master »

65Monza140 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:29 pm https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/pts ... 18202.html

Mark is located in Cottonwood, AZ. I bought a 140 HP with Clark full fin cylinders, top end rebuilt from him for $2500. I'm installing it next weekend in the '65 4 door factory A/C 4 speed. Hope to put the Brown EFI on it and make it my daily driver while I restore the '65 convertible 140 HP 4 spd posi-traction, (for parading the grand-daughters to the ice cream shop!)

Don't know the particulars on the engine you bought. You realize they never built a 65 140 with A/C........right?
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Wagon Master wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:59 am
65Monza140 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:29 pm https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/pts ... 18202.html

Don't know the particulars on the engine you bought. You realize they never built a 65 140 with A/C........right?
Correct WM -- The 1966 140HP engine heads were modified to support the A/C compressor bracket (hangs compressor further out to clear carburetors). That is why 1965 140HP heads area a one year only item with a different casting number. Trying to put an A/C compressor bracket on 1965 heads is asking for trouble.
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

lisascorvair wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:40 am I know this is a long shot but I figured I ask anyways I’ve got two bad cylinders on the 110 in our 66 Monza. For many reasons, I really don’t want to go the rebuild route at this point. So if anyone has a good running engine that they want to part company with, please let me know.
Something that might be beneficial in your search would be to let everyone know your general location by either posting it every time you are looking for something OR...ADD it to your profile or signature line.

There is a small chance that what you are seeking could be closer than you think but the individual that has it won't respond since they don't realize you are potentially right around the corner.
:my02:
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner

Return to “Parts Wanted”