Pedro’s 66 sedan

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Pmoney39

Pedro’s 66 sedan

Post by Pmoney39 »

New to the forum bought a sedan from a coworker a few months ago 23 years old and my first classic
Attachments
IMG_3780.jpeg
Phil Dally

Re: Pedro’s 66 sedan

Post by Phil Dally »

WELCOME!!!

CA plate...where are you?

Those wheels are perfect!!
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

:welcome2:

That is nice looking!
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :welcome2: :clap: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!
1966 Corvair Monza Sedan.jpg
What engine and transmission does your 1966 Monza sedan have? Can you tell us a little about your Corvair's new owner? Do you have any DIY mechanical experience that will help you to maintain your Corvair? Where are you located? Where does your interest in owning a Classic Corvair come from? How well does it run? Any problems or questions?

Knowing something about you, your plans for your Corvair, and more about your Corvair specifics will help us to respond better to any questions you may have.

I have been a Corvair enthusiast since 1961, when I was about 8 years old and my parents bought their first new 1961 Corvair Monza coupe in San Jose, California. They upgraded to a new Corsa convertible in 1965 (140 hp).

Warren Bodie and son Brad at Edwards AFB Air Show in 1965 with our new 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible (140HP)

I took my first driver's license test in that car in 1969. I also overhauled my first Corvair engine (in a 1963 Corvair 500) in 1969 during my high school summer vacation, and transplanted that engine into a 1962 Monza, which powered the car I was married in and that took my new bride and me on our honeymoon in 1972.

When I joined the Air Force in 1972 and graduated from an electronics tech school, my parents surprised my pregnant wife and I with that same Corvair convertible (now painted green), which we drove from Southern California to our first USAF assignment at Robins AFB, Warner Robins, Georgia.

Tracy Ann Bodie with our 1965 Corvair Corsa - Fall 1973 - Warner Robins, GA

In 1980 I gave the convertible a fresh paint job in red, and a new convertible top, and we shipped the Corvair to our next USAF assignment in southwest Germany, near Ramstein Air Base.

My wife and I are now 71 years old, have been married for 51 years, and still rely on Corvairs at our current home in western North Carolina. We own a 1966 Corsa convertible and a few years ago added a 1966 Monza 4-door sedan (110hp with A/C and a Powerglide transmission) to the mix. As you can see Corvairs can become a lifelong way of living! The 4-door sedan came from a Southern California BMW dealership General Manager, and I had it shipped across country to our home in North Carolina several years ago.
1966 Corvair Monza and Corsa Pair.jpg
1966 Corvair Monza Sedan (5).jpg
1966 Corvair Monza Sedan (7).jpg
1966 Corvair Monza Sedan (9).jpg

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of video presentations that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Good to see another "more doors" Corvair. Good looking car.

Find a club for support and help.
Pmoney39

Post by Pmoney39 »

Phil Dally wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:12 am WELCOME!!!

CA plate...where are you?

Those wheels are perfect!!
Thank you! I’m
From the Central Valley Oakdale California to be exact
Project65

Post by Project65 »

:welcome2:

That’s a great looking sedan! Welcome to the forum and the Corvair community!
John
1965 Monza Sedan “The Phoenix”. Rebuild in Progress.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Thank you! I’m from the Central Valley — Oakdale California to be exact
Only 100 Miles from my 1960s home where I grew up with  Corvairs!
Only 100 Miles from my 1960s home where I grew up with Corvairs!
FACEBOOK :link: https://www.facebook.com/centralvalleycorvairs/
Central Valley Corvairs — Modesto, California
Address: 3001 Lancelot Ln, Modesto, CA 95350
Mobile Phone: (209) 522-6469

eMail: centralvalleycorvairs@gmail.com

25 min (12.5 mi) via CA-108 W and Coffee Rd

There are other CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters listed in Walnut Creek, San Jose, and other parts of the San Francisco Bay Area. The Modesto CORSA club chapter is apparently the closest, but I cannot tell how active it is.
CORSA Chapter Locator
:link: https://www.corvair.org/index.php?optio ... crmSID=3_u
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”