Turquoise running lights for self driving cars.

Humor, Politics, etc...
66vairguy

Turquoise running lights for self driving cars.

Post by 66vairguy »

Mercedes has approval in a couple of states to add turquoise running lights to alert other drivers when a car is in the "self driving mode". Apparently states have the say about what color lights can be used on cars. The turquoise blue color was selected by the Society of Automotive Engineers. See https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/19/business ... index.html

NOTE: that unlike Tesla, the Mercedes self driving system will NOT let the driver fall asleep! How does it know what the driver is doing? The cars computers uses cameras and sensors to WATCH the driver. So in theory if you have an accident this all could be used as evidence in court. Keep in mind other self driving cars use cameras and sensors to monitor the driver, this is not just Mercedes. The lawyers will have to determine what is private or public conduct while driving your car. Welcome to the future, can YOUR car be made to testify against you? :nono:
caraholic4life

Re: Turquoise running lights for self driving cars.

Post by caraholic4life »

I am confident that all the color blind drivers out on the roads will appreciate another color to deal with. :my02:

The day I foresee is the day that your vehicle will notify authorities to issue the vehicle owner a ticket for speeding or other perceived violations that may be detected.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

I saw that on the news today. Guess I'll need to install some turquoise lights on my Corvair in order to have fun with a few people.

Our newest vehicle is a 2006 so not too worried about the car tattling on me or selling all of my personal data. That's Google's job. ::-):
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

azdave wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:16 pm I saw that on the news today. Guess I'll need to install some turquoise lights on my Corvair in order to have fun with a few people.

Our newest vehicle is a 2006 so not too worried about the car tattling on me or selling all of my personal data. That's Google's job. ::-):
Interesting enough many of the convenience software packages can collect your "preferences" data and at the moment there is no regulations to control this or who has access, BUT the lawyers are getting into the act and it is possible a class action lawsuit about who owns and controls data collected in you car is coming.

Most folks don't realize the same applies to email (unless encrypted), Siri, talking to you new internet connected refrigerator, T.V., etc. Reminds me of ancient times and "party line" phone service were your neighbors listened in on your calls. I bet few here remember the term "party line".

Return to “Off Topic”