1960 gasoline heater/engine

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
timoshev

1960 gasoline heater/engine

Post by timoshev »

[media][/media]
Hello. I am new and old. New:Recently I renewed my membership in Vintage Corsa after a 30+ year absence due to schedule conflicts.
Old: Recent 80th birthday, but that's the new 65.....
Corvairs in restoration: '65 Corsa convertible, (in work) '63 Spyder convertible (next in line)
My everyday car is a '16 Volt. (fabulous car)
Message to '60 owners/wannabe's: Today I visited what used to be called The Ecology Center in Santa Fe Springs, CA looking for a
part for my '65. Nothing, of course, but they DO have a '60 4-door with engine in car and gasoline
heater up front. Someone out there may want this stuff before the crusher opens his massive jaws....
I will be posting my parts needs later.
Tim Shevlin
Anaheim, CA
66vairguy

Re: 1960 gasoline heater/engine

Post by 66vairguy »

timoshev wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:47 pm
[media][/media]
Hello. I am new and old. New:Recently I renewed my membership in Vintage Corsa after a 30+ year absence due to schedule conflicts.
Old: Recent 80th birthday, but that's the new 65.....
Corvairs in restoration: '65 Corsa convertible, (in work) '63 Spyder convertible (next in line)
My everyday car is a '16 Volt. (fabulous car)
Message to '60 owners/wannabe's: Today I visited what used to be called The Ecology Center in Santa Fe Springs, CA looking for a
part for my '65. Nothing, of course, but they DO have a '60 4-door with engine in car and gasoline
heater up front. Someone out there may want this stuff before the crusher opens his massive jaws....
I will be posting my parts needs later.
Tim Shevlin
Anaheim, CA
I can't remember when I saw a Corvair at an Ecology Center yard. Thanks for the tip. I'd bump this next week with an update as many went to the GWFBT this weekend. I was going, but life got in the way.

BTW The Vintage club in Orange County seems to be making a comeback after it nearly collapsed (so I was told). South Coast Corsa is in Torrance and Dan Drommerhausen has been rebuilding Corvair transmissions for decades. The Corsa West club up in the Valley is a good sized club and after the pandemic has been doing "garage runs" to help members get their cars going.

Good luck with your Corvairs.

Return to “Introductions”