'65 '500' sedan project from the dry Central Valley, CA

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
viewmaster

Re: '65 '500' sedan project from the dry Central Valley, CA

Post by viewmaster »

UPDATE: Been running car, daily driving to start, then off and on. No issues so far, and the exhaust pipe is now free of oil fouling. Much better than the worn out rings in the old 110hp. Also, got a loaner distributor, a 330 tho, from a Corvair guru friend, and been running that. It has a Pertronics 2 conversion tho....and common Corvair wisdom has told me, as well as my experience with it, that the Pert 1 performs better with a PG. That don't make no sense to me, but I HAVE experienced idling trouble, like it seems to lose 2 cylinders on idle, and run really rough, from time to time, when warm.

So...bought a gently used Pert 1 kit and finally got around to installing it in my 119 distributor. Not perfect for a 95 head engine, but its as close as I have. This car now runs better than I remember her running, in the 12 years I have owned her!!! Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. I was entertaining the idea of selling her, but now....I have second thoughts.

Happy Motoring 😊👍
Attachments
20220316_161834.jpg
'65 '500' Sedan 110 PG
'65 Monza Sedan "Turbo'd" 110 SU conversion 4sp Manual'

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”