13 Inch Tire Options

All Models and Years
erco

Re: 13 Inch Tire Options

Post by erco »

bbodie52 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:47 pm Amazon.com prices for those Westlake tires are currently showing at $49.82 - $53.95.
Yes, tire prices change daily, faster than the stock market. Really stupid. They were $34 yesterday. $50 is a 47% increase overnight.

Edit: WM still lists for $34: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Westlake-RP1 ... 3/55180284 They are always price fixed to Amazon to the penny. Likely (delivery by) Amazon sold out and those higher prices are from marketplace affiliates. As soon as Amazon raises their price, so will WM.
Attachments
tire.png
erco

Post by erco »

Related, at some point in the future I will be replacing my mechanical speedometer with a homebuilt electronic one. Infinite custom calibration for any wheel/tire size, retaining the full stock look. I'll make a custom setup to replace the mechanicals. If there is sufficient interest from others I might make a kit.
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

If the price is right there will be a lot of interest in that. Which style? Em, Lm, Corsa or Spyder?
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
erco

Post by erco »

Initially for my LM Monza but would be a universal fit. For a kit, the goal would be to make it mount in the dash exactly like a mechanical speedo unit. Replacing that with a servo to move the speedo needle is easy, the harder part is getting the mechanical odometer to work. Back burner project.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”