Fresh Meat

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
DanE

Fresh Meat

Post by DanE »

Hey group, you have a newbie here that has acquired a barn find. It’s a 1964 and been sitting in storage for 30+ years. I hope to get it today and will post some pics and start reaching out for advice and direction. I am fairly mechanical, but have never messed with a Corvair type set up. Everything I have tinkered with is V-8 rear wheel drives. I suspect I have a lot to learn with this endeavor, so please have patient with me.

I like all things with engines and wheels (cool stuff, if you’re picking up what I’m throwing down) and outdoor activities dealing with rods & ammo.
joelsplace

Re: Fresh Meat

Post by joelsplace »

Setup a signature with your car and location so people will be better informed when you start asking questions.
Welcome!
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
DanE

Post by DanE »

Right On, I will do that later today if getting it moved all works out, its supposed too.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: :wave: :clap: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!
Corvair Clean-up Time!.jpg
:zzzz: A good dusting, some fresh fluids, a new battery, and new tires may be all she needs after the long sleep!

:idea: Removing your car from storage/Reviving a Dead Corvair
:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=5030

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, MA is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... 225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair interests, and your goals for your Corvair. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Detailed pictures of your Corvair — including the engine compartment — would possibly be useful. Knowing your location may also suggest possibilities in supporting your Corvair interests.

:welcome: :welcome2:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Bruins_Fan »

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Corvair Forum mobile app

'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Welcome to CF, DanE!
DanE

Post by DanE »

Getting the Corvair yesterday did not work out, it will, I just couldn't find a place to park it. Large enough storage compartments near me are pretty much sucked up, but I think I found a place, they are not staffed on the weekends. Due to a slab leak at our house our kitchen and living room is gutted; once we get that all restored, along with the year and half old roof, we are selling and getting land where I can build a workshop.

I love vintage, almost anything vintage. I also like as factory as I can get it, right down to the nuts & bolts and hose clamps. I will have original parts rebuilt vs. installing a new part, if optional, I will rebuild the part myself if I can - that will be my plan for this one. One thing I will change from original is, tires; I'll want good modern tires.

I live in the Tulsa, OK area. I will get pics once I get my grubby mitts on it.
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

Sounds like a good plan. You could park it in the living room/kitchen until you get the shop built.
I like all the factory hardware and everything but the tires also. I also use electronic ignition.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX

Return to “Introductions”