Vent window wreather strip

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
plrgpr

Vent window wreather strip

Post by plrgpr »

Who has installed the weather seals on a LM convertible vent window. The small metal hold down at the top does not seem to fit the new seal. Does the seal or strip need to be trimmed and I assume it’s glued in??? What about the other plastic push pins that hold it in at the bottom? The seals weather strips did not come with these and mine were old and brittle they broke. I guess they’re called “winshield pillar-convertible” weather strip. Clark’s part# C7912.
Last edited by plrgpr on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Roberson
66 Vert 140 4-sp Corsa “clone”
terribleted

Re: Vent window wreathes strip

Post by terribleted »

Plastic push pins? Not sure what part you are talking about. There are no push pins used on the vent window weatherstripping. There are 2 push pins used at the bottom of the windshield pillar seal that the vent windows closes against. The push pins are 1/8" diameter and they have been inculded with every one of these seal sets I have purchased from Clark's. The top of this weatherstrip takes a screw. IF you are talking about the pillar seal yes it should be glued in place. Metal retainer on the pillar strips is not used on the replacements. Just be sure to poke them into their tracks properly and use a good weatherstrip adhesive. 3M black is my preference.

If you are talking about the actual vent window weatherstrips that seal the glass into the frame, restate your question and perhaps post a photo of your issues.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
plrgpr

Re: Vent window wreather strip

Post by plrgpr »

Ted, you are absolutely correct. Bought the strips awile back. When you mentioned that they came with the fasteners, I looked harder and found them. Metal clips at the top are not used huh. Thanks once again for your help!
Gary Roberson
plrgpr

Post by plrgpr »

Ted, you are absolutely correct. Bought the strips awhile back. When you mentioned that they came with the fasteners, I looked harder and found them. Metal clips at the top are not used huh. And, no, I missed spoke. They are not vent window seals but door to pillar seals. Thanks once again for your help!
Gary Roberson
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

No problem!
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.

66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

So we are talking the unique convertible seal between the vent window frame and the windshield "A" pillar frame? Thanks for the tip Ted - that's on my list to do this Winter (it's warm were I'm at).
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

66vairguy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:00 pm So we are talking the unique convertible seal between the vent window frame and the windshield "A" pillar frame? Thanks for the tip Ted - that's on my list to do this Winter (it's warm were I'm at).
That would be the part.

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”