Gorgeous '65 140 in Norway

erco

Gorgeous '65 140 in Norway

Post by erco »

I just saw this on the Facebook's "Corvair Owners Group" page. Click the video on the left, then hit CC >> English for translated captions. Gorgeous car and video!

https://refuel.no/no/artikler/four+carb ... corsa.html
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Gorgeous '65 140 in Norway

Post by bbodie52 »

A beautifully finished black 1965 Corsa in Europe.

This brings back a lot of memories of driving Corvairs in Europe. I had these two 1965 non-turbo Corsas with me in Germany from 1980-1983 and enjoyed driving the all over West Germany. I visited the Recaro seat factory in my 1965 Corsa convertible in Stuttgart and remember enjoying the Autobahn with the top down as we drove back to Kaiserslautern and Ramstein Air Base. But the most enjoyable driving was exploring the numerous German secondary mountain and forested roads that are all over Germany!

I shipped both cars back to the USA in 1983 from the north German port in Bremerhaven. The convertible was direct-shipped to Los Angeles, while I had the coupe shipped to New Jersey so we could pick it up there when we (me, my wife and two children) landed at McGuire AFB. I retrieved the Corsa coupe from the shipper as we brought our three-year assignment at DCS Station Bann (a microwave communications site), near Ramstein Air Base, West Germany to a close. We drove the Corvair to Washington DC to visit some friends in Alexandria, VA for a week, and then drove the Corvair south to Tybee Island, Georgia and Atlanta, Georgia to visit some relatives. We then drove the Corvair from Atlanta, stopping in Oklahoma City, then Albuquerque, New Mexico, and finally at our destination in Thousand Oaks, California to begin our next assignment in the Los Angeles area.

Total Corvair Travel Distance: Kaiserslautern to Bremerhaven (384 Miles) plus USA Travel: 3,257 Miles = 3,341 Miles (in August, 1983)

Germany to Thousand Oaks by Corvair.jpg
3,257 Corvair Driving Miles
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
erco

Re: Gorgeous '65 140 in Norway

Post by erco »

Quite an adventure, Brad! I've bicycled all over Europe and you're right, the "secondary mountain and forested roads that are all over Germany" are amazing. Italy and Sicily are my favorite for cycling. If you're ever near Naples/Napoli/Vesuvius in Italy, drive the Amalfi Coast. AMAZING.

Return to “Corvair Video and Photo Threads”